swift corniche

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone help with inside electrics please ?

Whilst tinkering this afternoon I seem to have made kitchenette striplight,washroom striplight and 1 OF THE 2 main room striplights not operate anymore - arn`t I clever ! (not)-cant understand why the other main striplight still works on battery and mains ( glad it does though ! ) reading lights still work ok as well - dont know if it was because I hooked up to house mains electrics whilst still having battery on in van or I removed a bulb and unit from the spare wheel compartment ( 1990 corniche )taking her out this weekend - so the missus will have to go to the toilet in the dark otherwise !! Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Chris, I doubt that it had anything to do with being hooked up to the mains. Are you sure that when you removed the bulb and holder that you didn't interupt the lighting cct somehow?

Without a wiring diagram it is difficult to suggest the reason, but start with a 12v tester and check for voltage at one of the units thats not working. If it has a supply then something has blown in the triggering cct, if no voltage trace back to source.

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
Chris, I doubt that it had anything to do with being hooked up to the mains. Are you sure that when you removed the bulb and holder that you didn't interupt the lighting cct somehow?

Without a wiring diagram it is difficult to suggest the reason, but start with a 12v tester and check for voltage at one of the units thats not working. If it has a supply then something has blown in the triggering cct, if no voltage trace back to source.
thanks for reply Ray - will check that out !

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts