SWIFT ELECTRONIC LABELLING & ISSUES

Sep 7, 2006
Visit site
With a fantastic 12 volt fuse board when our 2011 Thetford fridge died we checked the 4 fuses relating on our 2011 Swift Sterling, forget that they were copied from a motor home in text description terms !! but we thought well they are the ones!!

All were OK, niether our dealer or Theford could offer any help even when we rang from France so the van has been back to the dealers, well its only 120 miles, currently at our cost.

Surprise, surprise, whilst fuses 1 to 4 are listed as being relative to the fridge the offending fuse was identified as FUSE 12, listed as ELECTRONICS. Well of course we should have known it was relative to the fridge even if Thetford or our dealer did not !!, so now what, a fuse board with listings which we know are inaccurate, where do we look next time there is a fault. What of the costs, the loss of food and the general inconvenance and travel costs.

Cars are not like this, other products are not like this yet it seems the caravan industry requires us to accept second standard C!!p. I am simply lost as to why I should have presumed a fuse named Electronics should be the fridge, no doubt Swift have the answer, watch this space

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It does not surprise me at all, but, in fact the fuse was labelled correctly as the fuse 12 supplies the fridge Electronics, which are required to be a permanent live, or the fridge will not work at all.

In practice, if there is a suspected fuse fault it is beter to ignore any labelling and check EACH fuse for integrity, as I have found out many times.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts