Swift leaky shower tap

Mar 21, 2023
Visit site
The shower tap in my swift leaks I want to change the ceramic cassette but its secured using a 30mm plastic nut which is recessed in the tap assembly. Due to this I cant get a tool on it to unscrew it, does anyone know of the correct tool to get it out.

Attachments

• PXL_20230318_140829771.jpg
    PXL_20230318_140829771.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Martin56.

I don't think I have seen that fitting, but YouTube can be a great help. When you remove the cassette there should be a code number on the side. Google this and you should get one for one-third of the official parts price.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Martin56 Welcome to the forum you could ask a Swift dealer he might suggest what tool you need to get the securing nut out

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Just a daft thought for you - is the chromed ?plastic casing simply threaded on to the core of the tap? Seems odd that the cartridge is so difficult to access.

May 5, 2023
Visit site
The shower tap in my swift leaks I want to change the ceramic cassette but its secured using a 30mm plastic nut which is recessed in the tap assembly. Due to this I cant get a tool on it to unscrew it, does anyone know of the correct tool to get it out.
Hi

I have exactly the same problem.
Its a Swift Challenger 2005 with a micro switches and not a pressured system.

Over the years on different caravans I have replaced the mixer cartridge with no problems.
Normally you take the top off and unscrew a big brass nut.

This time its different. No big brass nut to remove but rather some form of insert.
I can't see how to remove the insert.
I tried holding the outer with big pliers and moving the insert with nose pliers but it would not move.
Its not threaded seems to be some sort of locking mechanism?
Frightened to use too much force in case I break something.

I have looked at all the Youtube videos - they are all for the "big brass nut" type of fitting.

Totally stuck.

My closest Swift dealer is about 90 miles away so that's not an easy option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Dave

JDP

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
Same problem last week, ended up with a new tap. Did get the cartridge out by using nose pliers but when managed to turn the chrome outer cover unscrewed with it. Also a stainless steel pin dropped out at the same time which nobody knows where it fits or comes from. My shower cartridge had Reich 099 on the side but looking on line cannot find. New tap (non microswitch) was £60 from local dealer. Fitting cost approximately £150 if that helps.

May 5, 2023
Visit site
Same problem last week, ended up with a new tap. Did get the cartridge out by using nose pliers but when managed to turn the chrome outer cover unscrewed with it. Also a stainless steel pin dropped out at the same time which nobody knows where it fits or comes from. My shower cartridge had Reich 099 on the side but looking on line cannot find. New tap (non microswitch) was £60 from local dealer. Fitting cost approximately £150 if that helps.
I cannot even unscrew the chrome outer cover as the micro-switch wiring comes through and it turns with the chrome part and then gets stuck.

All previous caravans had a pressure system but this is the first with micro-switches.
Not sure if that's a complicating factor.

Many thanks for the advice.

Regards

Dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts