Swiss Vignettes

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

All packed and ready for the ferry to Rotterdam.

Quick question for anyone that’s been to CH before:

Where should I place the vignettes within the car/caravan?

I’ve been advised both can be in the car but where do you all stick them???

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The car one below the rear view mirror central, and the caravan front left window. Be very carefull with them they are a fit once, and sellotape is is NOT allowed if you change your windscreen then you can get a replacement sticker , I am not sure how though.

As I remember the instructions and diagrams are on the Vignette. You can purchase fuel at some self service fuel pumps in Euros, put the notes in and the pump stops automatically. The German Swiss are stricter than the Italian or French Swiss. Do not drop any litter, even accidentally, they are incredibly clean in the north. Cheapest places to eat when out are their Bakeries. An ice cream can be more expensive than a beer or wine. Wine and beer is cheap to buy in the supermarkets. Trains and buses run spot onto the minute , small dogs less then 5kg can travel free.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Great all you have to do now is to reverse off the ferry.

Only joking have a good holiday and meet up with The Woosies after your holiday in September.

Enjoy your trip.
Hutch.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Ste6t9 said:
GrizzlyBathplug said:
Have a good holiday Ste6t9.

Thanks all.

Made it to the ferry and having a beverage now as we’ve managed to set sail a bit early!!!

Nice pic, enjoy your holiday, more pics of you vacation please (if you care to share) B)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Easy peeeeesy , Excellent mate .
Have a good trip .

P.s. don't use your phone internet on the ferry as you will be charged massive amounts , when i thought WhatsApp was free , until it bounces of the ships satelite signals , £4o later..... :angry: !!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
Easy peeeeesy , Excellent mate .
Have a good trip .

P.s. don't use your phone internet on the ferry as you will be charged massive amounts , when i thought WhatsApp was free , until it bounces of the ships satelite signals , £4o later..... :angry: !!

Good point there, Craig, especially as Ste has teenagers that "NEED" contact.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I stick the vignette for the car in the bottom left hand corner of the windscreen and the one for the caravan on its front panel, roughly at eye level and next to the window.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Ferry mobile charges.

I very nearly got caught out recently on a Cairnryan - Belfast crossing.

On some ferries you can get free wifi after logging in to the ship system (in my case this did not work as it should have with Stena Line, don't know why).

On some P&0 ferries you may get first 30 minutes free or there may be a £3.00 charge for the duration of the crossing, depends on the route and ticket class.

On some crossings (depends on routeferry company) the charges can be higher and I have seen £12.00 being charged for some crossings.

And with some companies a 'Premier' class type ticket includes wifi, check that if it includes all members in a group booking.

I always check at the onboard reception desk first if I have not pre-booked wifi.

I always switch off data roaming when on board unless I am absolutely sure of all costs.

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Well the good news is we’re here at our first stop. It’s taken us most of the afternoon in sweltering heat to put everything up (because we did bring EVERYTHING) so I present:

The van
The awning
The 2 annexes
The Sunwing

Although you can’t see the van for all the other crap in front!!!

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Well done mate .
Looking good . Cant quite see the van !!! ;) Do you think you will be as stressed as you were this time for when you go away next time or piece of cake for next time ! B)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts