Tad Breezy

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Hi Darren H
Were your neighbours in the caravan at the time the awning went ,or is it a seasonal and they will find it when they return ?
Yes the others where seasonal, there are quite a few. Everyone was advised via phone to come and take down their awnings, some did and maybe the three just couldn't get here.
One tourer left the awning attached but removed the internal poles then strapped x shape from handle to steady, not sure if this one made it have a nosey later on.
Its 3.30 am woke up early again, not a breeze outside still calm nice chill to the air, what a difference a day makes, as they say.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Well done Darren, the others if they had the opportunity to take them down should have as the risk was obvious.
Up in the Clyde Valley here and near Glasgow we had very little wind and only a light covering of snow, which was gone by midday. That's two we have missed as Wednesday was pretty windy, but no more than that.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well done Darren, the others if they had the opportunity to take them down should have as the risk was obvious.
Up in the Clyde Valley here and near Glasgow we had very little wind and only a light covering of snow, which was gone by midday. That's two we have missed as Wednesday was pretty windy, but no more than that.
A bit calmer wind here but now raining

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just been to one of the locla pubs and their campsite is under about 3 foot of water. Probably why the campsite is closed in the winter months.

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Apparently the winds where we are was only 76mph and sitting in our conservatory looking at the debris flying down our driveway hitting the garage door and upwards , amazing sight . Today cleaning up the rear garden found a medication form for a neighbour six houses down the road.

Mar 29, 2021
Visit site
Next storm, pah.
Woke up at 00.40 to power cut and a hailstones downpour the likes you HAVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE, incredibly loud, think of a thousand hammer drills having a go at the roof and you wouldn't be close, never had the likes of it before. Did an early morning torchlight check to caravan and cars and no damage as far as I could see.
The wind, well if I've upset you God you have had your revenge terrible night, when Eunice hit its worst we were at work, last night however we thanked, well me, for strapping the van down and Saturday I went shopping for more rock pegs and ladders, spending Saturday afternoon re-pegging the awning, double ladders to every clip on the four awnings panels in turn each clip is double pegged, gravel pulled back and each peg hit as far into the earth as possible, the aggregate is at least one to two inch deep in places.
Every pole and its jubilee clip was also checked found one that was loose.

And this morning after the last thirty hours say of constant wind and incredible gusts, the awning is still up and undamaged, I'm gob smacked, 3 storms later and our total loss is one curtain pole, spirited away and my left glove which blew out the car and was gone.
One other thing at around Christmas the door to the awning suffered damage by a freak gust in that storm, probably channelled by our location, about a half inch tear right about in the middle of the door panel, I bought clear awning repair tape, stuck it both sides and again to my amazement thats held firm too.

Our caravan is ABC construction, which means its glued together, including the awning rail, I can only marvel at its resilience. Now if the bloke from Insulate Britain had stuck his face to the road with this stuff 🤣

Darren.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Strong winds and intermediated heavy showers not safe for taking my mobility scooter out with dogs so wife had to take them for a run .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts