Tales of Caution from France

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having just returned from France to find three of our near neighbours homes have been burgled whilst away, as with caravanning I'm more concerned with crime in the UK.

Travelling with my mum and mother in-law we covered just over 3900 trouble free miles in France and stopped the night on three French service Aires as well as taking breaks at Aires. We spoke with a few other Brits as you do and no one mentioned scare stories.

We also travelled at around 70 mph quite a bit and even faster a couple of times.

No problems pitching an 8 plus metre twin axle on French sites and even three women managed to reverse and site the van square without assistance, motor mover or a man.

All but one site was fairly flat and our small hydraulic jack had the van level on its wheel chocks easily.

The only problems so to speak on our trip were -

detouring from the new auto route near Alencon to visit an old favourite stop and shop area and having to unhitch as there was no room to get near a diesel pump of a small garage.

Noisy Brits and their badly behaved loud children. There are noisy fun loving children that are a joy, sadly there are also other types with parents more interested in Sun Tans and the local Tipple.

A few high speed Caravanners who seemed oblivious to their vans behaviour behind them.

Amps on site ? A little varied.

Plus Points -

Satnav with new version Navteq mapping faultless.

Roads a pleasure to drive on.

Solar Panel helps compensates for varied electric supply.

Weather could have been a little better, but can't complain after the problems people in the UK have.

Audi and Twin Axle, towing joy.

France and the French way of life.

Ria
Ria

I am a bit puzzled with regards the solar panel helping with low amps, what difference does it make?

hymerman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts