Tarzan Pegs

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone used Tarzan pegs? Virtually all my rock peg have ruined plastic/nylon tops. Supplies of replacement tops seem to be drying up for decent ones. The drawback I can see is potentially the puller slipping of as you try to extract them as there is no ring to hook into.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’d never heard of Tarzan pegs but googled it and I can see what you mean, however I would expect the peg puller to be no more likely to slip off the T piece than when you pull on the plastic piece of a more common hard standing peg and the plastic top brakes unexpectedly, if you look on eBay you can buy plastic tops search item 233004078546 and you can get 10 replacement tops for 2.99, your query made me check for the plastic tops and I’ve just ordered 3 packs for myself, it’s a shame these break so easy but 2.99 for 10 is cheaper than buying 10 new pegs I guess.

Reactions: Thingy
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just a point to note, the last time I ordered plastic tops, I had to drill them out a little in order to get the metal spike through as the holes were far too tight. The first two I forced through and it split the tops. Having then drilled them out it weakened them considerably and it made them difficult to extract without them braking, hence why I was looking at Trazan Pegs. the more I think of it, the more I think I will give them a go. I think a peg puller shaped more like a claw would work very well with them, but I cant think I have ever seen one.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just a point to note, the last time I ordered plastic tops, I had to drill them out a little in order to get the metal spike through as the holes were far too tight. The first two I forced through and it split the tops. Having then drilled them out it weakened them considerably and it made them difficult to extract without them braking, hence why I was looking at Trazan Pegs. the more I think of it, the more I think I will give them a go. I think a peg puller shaped more like a claw would work very well with them, but I cant think I have ever seen one.

I have always used my claw hammer to put pegs in and take them out. So much easier than rubber mallet and a flimsy peg-puller. Better on an ageing back too.

Reactions: Mike
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I found using a 2 lb club hammer to install, All sizes of awning pegs, and a claw hammer to remove the pegs, I think someone on the forum , told us about using big washers on the pegs after the plastic ones broke off. A good idea.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts