Tensioning window blinds

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
I have a tensioning problem with Remis Blinds - Remis Flair - on a Bailey Pursuit.
I have read a similar post listed about 2 years ago - my problem is with the "black out blind" on the front window of my van.
It has always been a bit slow to retract after being in the down position overnight but it has now lost all tensioning and will not retract on its own accord.
Using a screw driver on the appropriate adjuster I managed to fully retract the blind but there was still no tension.
My question is does the blind need to be in a certain position before one attempts to re-tension or is there a trick I am missing which will fix the problem??
I did hear a clicking sound the last time we pulled the blind down.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Take it back to where you bought it before you may cause any more damage , , we've got the Orion , and have just had one off ours retensioned last week- under warranty to which you have 2 years warranty for the blinds , look into it .

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Craig
Did they re-tension your blind or replace it??
My van has just been serviced by the Bailey retailer and I asked specifically that they re-tension my front blind which they say they did - however only second time on site it failed to retract.
That is why I consulted the Bailey manual which explains how to re-tension the blind.
You refer to "further damage to the blind" have you had personal experience??
Regards
Keith Burrows

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Keith , they retensioned it only , it's the first time a blind has done this though , it was 1 of 4 that we've got . One on each bunk - 3 , and one at the rear , we normally travel and keep it in storage with them down , but not now ! I was told you've got 2 years on the blinds. I didn't personally mean you would damage it further trying yourself but if garage noticed they may say you've caused it and not fix under warranty .

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi Craig.
I read some where that it is NOT recommended to leave the blinds down when when the van is not use as it can weaken the tension!!
I was surprised to hear you also had a problem with a Bailey caravan as we had a Sprite until 12 months ago and NEVER had a problem with the blinds.
I think I will tackle my supplier again about the re-tensioning and / or replacement.
Thanks again for your comments.
Regards
Keith Burrows

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi again Keith , me and the family love our van but we've had quite a lot done to our baileys , our charger burnt out whilst in France last year off all places , we've had a new toilet put in , new bits in the oven regarding the gas valves , new front window because off friction scratching the inner panes when towing and vibration , all under warranty though . After sales team great , Still love it though ! Hope you get sorted ,
Regards
Craig .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts