Tesco Vouchers for Dover-Calais Ferries

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings to all,

Thanks to information from a contributor on another Forum, I have just booked a Cross Channel Ferry crossing with P & O using the Dover-Calais route and paid for it in its entirety with Tesco Vouchers.

It isn't on the Tesco Site that they will accept them it isnt on the P & O site either but with it being booking season and with an issue of vouchers due soon I thought you lot out there would like to know.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Greetings Rioja'

Sorry for the delay.

We leave at 5.40pm on 15th March and return at lunchtime on 18th April.

Point of interest, I rang P&O last week to confirm that they did indeed accept Tesco, (the delay in booking was caused by waiting for some old vouchers to be converted prior to use) I can't guarantee that I asked for the same times but when I made an enquiry as to pricing my trip I was given a figure of

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
How do you use your vouchers to book the ferry, and who do you ring.

mass
Answer to Craig,

First ring up P&O to find out how much your choice of ferry is going to cost. The Tesco deals website gives the telephone number as an 0870. DONT use that, use 01304 864003. It gets to the same place and doesn't cost an arm and a leg (I digress).

Having found out the price, check to see if you have enough Tesco vouchers to pay the whole lot. If you have, and they are of the new type where you can convert them electronically then so much the better. You can do that and then ring up P&O again and book the ferry. The electronic vouchers will arrive at your house within a day or two. You can then post them off to P&O.

If you haven't got enough vouchers to pay for the whole deal then you can convert what you have and pay the balance in cash to P&O.

If you have the old type Tesco vouchers that have to be sent off for conversion its probably better to get them converted before you book the ferry. Mine took about a week to arrive.

Having said that, when I did the booking I was told that I had until 3rd March to get the tokens to them which is more than enough time to wait for the post to get back to you.

TRENDING THREADS