tewkesbury Abbey

Mar 20, 2005
Visit site
My Hubby and I are considering staying at the Tewkesbury Abbey caravan club site next May. My one concern is that it warns of flooding. would be grateful to hear all comments on the site as everything else about it sounds lovely.

thanks

Dee

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed numerous times and it is a nice site, however sometimes noise can be a problem from the car parks around it, plus some people thinlk it can be bit crowded when full. Some people also whinge about the gates and barriers at the entrance, which sounds imposing but don't think about it, and know that at least no one can nick the car or van.

The flooding warning relates to not leaving a caravan there say for a week, without a towcar to move it, as the River Severn passes quite close to the site.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Nice clean site, near to the town. Good walks around. That time of year you shouldn't have to book anywhere, so see what the weather is like, it only floods after it's been persisting down for a long time.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I can also recommend the C&CC site at Winchcombe, just outside Tewkesbury. This is a smashing site, particularly if you like fishing. It also has one of the best dog walks around. We will be spending a week there in October.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stayed there a few years ago and there was a little trouble on the lefthand side of the site - as you entre - where there is a public footpath just over the chain link fence. Yobs took to tossing bottles etc. over the fence, so given any choice I'd stay towards the right hand side.

Jul 14, 2005
Visit site
This is the only caravan site we have ever stayed at and not used the car for five days!! The short walk to the town is lovely. There are a lot of good real ale pubs which welcome dogs and serve good quality inexpensive food. The walks around the alleys are lovely. There are several very good takaways. The WI market is quite quaint. Shops are nice to explore. Banks are handy and the supermarkets are good. The wardens are friendly and accommodating. Did not use the toilet/shower blocks but believe them to be good and clean. Enjoy your stay.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts