Thanks for the adding me ...

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
You normally just pull the slates out should be at the front of the bunks to make up the bed .
Hiya , yes we know that it’s just how you fit the cushions to make it a double bed πŸ™ˆ we have the corner top rounded cushions , so like the backs are shorter than the base , lol we’ve had a right wrestling match with it πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ ... but thanks for your reply ... I’m new to this , and a old lass so bear with me πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
This link takes you to a spec sheet but not the cushion answer!
I can find few illustrations of your caravan, but am assuming that it has a drop-down flap table under the front window rather than a chest of drawers. So you have two full length base cushions but the back cushions are made up of a long 'strip' and a right-angled cushion that usually fits at the window end (although in the pics I found the user had them at the other end away from the window).
So I would assume that the slats don't pull right out to the end of the base cushions, but about 3/4 f the length to match the 'strip' back cushions. In that case fit these cushions between the base cushions against the front caravan wall, hide all the other cushions underneath, so you are left with a widthways double and a remaining single seat either side towards the centre of the caravan.
The 4 berth that I have found has two fixed singles at the rear so was likely expected to be used mainly by couples who wouldn't primarily use the front bed at all! Also there were other Buccaneer models of the same era that had a central chest and the same cushion make-up which then made more sense, as the 'right angles' were left in place b y the window alongside the chest.
Sorry for the lengthy reply and hope this helps you!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This link takes you to a spec sheet but not the cushion answer!
I can find few illustrations of your caravan, but am assuming that it has a drop-down flap table under the front window rather than a chest of drawers. So you have two full length base cushions but the back cushions are made up of a long 'strip' and a right-angled cushion that usually fits at the window end (although in the pics I found the user had them at the other end away from the window).
So I would assume that the slats don't pull right out to the end of the base cushions, but about 3/4 f the length to match the 'strip' back cushions. In that case fit these cushions between the base cushions against the front caravan wall, hide all the other cushions underneath, so you are left with a widthways double and a remaining single seat either side towards the centre of the caravan.
The 4 berth that I have found has two fixed singles at the rear so was likely expected to be used mainly by couples who wouldn't primarily use the front bed at all! Also there were other Buccaneer models of the same era that had a central chest and the same cushion make-up which then made more sense, as the 'right angles' were left in place b y the window alongside the chest.
Sorry for the lengthy reply and hope this helps you!
Hi audiorob Thanks it long time since i made our van into a double bed but i would do exactly like what you have suggested .

Reactions: Neat
Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi audiorob Thanks it long time since i made our van into a double bed but i would do exactly like what you have suggested .
Thank you for your reply , yes it is the one with the drop down table , we only bought the van Monday , so been trying things out πŸ™ˆ I did say to hubby try the mattress the other way in van and he said no that won’t work , so when we’ve more time will have a go at it that way πŸ‘thank you

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply , yes it is the one with the drop down table , we only bought the van Monday , so been trying things out πŸ™ˆ I did say to hubby try the mattress the other way in van and he said no that won’t work , so when we’ve more time will have a go at it that way πŸ‘thank you
I hope you enjoy your new caravan and you finally get the bed made up .:)

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
I hope you enjoy your new caravan and you finally get the bed made up .:)
Thank you πŸ‘
Wouldn’t have thought we would be using it but would be nice to know how it works πŸ˜‚ .
but thanks again and also audiorob for your reply πŸ‘

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and to your new caravan, on our front bed we have tried the cushion all different ways until eventually you find a way that works. Have fun, you will be able to get away next month.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some even advise turning the front cushions completely over so you are sleeping on a smoother base. But I’ve never tried that and don’t know if it could lead to any damage on the upper surfaces. If for any reason you should find the beds a bit uncomfortable there’s lots on this website about toppers, memory foam etc.

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, and to your new caravan, on our front bed we have tried the cushion all different ways until eventually you find a way that works. Have fun, you will be able to get away next month.
Thanks for the welcome πŸ‘ have you any photos of your front bed made up please ...
lol no way we can get away yet we’ve got to try and find a car now that will tow it πŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
Some even advise turning the front cushions completely over so you are sleeping on a smoother base. But I’ve never tried that and don’t know if it could lead to any damage on the upper surfaces. If for any reason you should find the beds a bit uncomfortable there’s lots on this website about toppers, memory foam etc.
Thankyou πŸ‘ I’ve read about turning them over , and that what we did in are traffic camper ,

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I think from the pics found online there are no 'kneerolls' on the cushion fronts so there may be no incentive to turn the cushions over. Our 2 berth front bed makes up in similar fashion with the back rests forming the centre span, and we do take a slim mattress topper that we put beneath the bedding to disguise the joints between the cushions. You probably have transferred bedding from your camper and people have their own preferences but we have always used sleeping bags zipped together to form the double that fit in one of the front seat lockers during the day.

Nov 13, 2020
Visit site
I think from the pics found online there are no 'kneerolls' on the cushion fronts so there may be no incentive to turn the cushions over. Our 2 berth front bed makes up in similar fashion with the back rests forming the centre span, and we do take a slim mattress topper that we put beneath the bedding to disguise the joints between the cushions. You probably have transferred bedding from your camper and people have their own preferences but we have always used sleeping bags zipped together to form the double that fit in one of the front seat lockers during the day.
Ok thank you for that love πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts