The Carpenters

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Watched a documentary on BBC 4 this evening about the Carpenters. What a tragic loss of a beautiful young lady with a fantastic singing voice. There has been been no other female artist before or after to compare with her voice. Have the Carpenter records been re-recorded on DVD?

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Absolutely agree about Karens voice. I have a thing about crystal clear female vocals in music (I blame my mom!) Also, try Tina Arena, Olivia N-J(of course!) or for something a tad different, Miriam Stockley (Of Adiemus/Carl Jenkins fame) :eek:)

MM

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I always liked the sound of Karen Carpenters voice and Judith Durham of the sixties vocal group The Seekers was something special as well.

G

Seeing we are getting back to the 'elderly' age group, not that i admit to being one. Always had a soft spot for Alma Cogan, and when I got all 'continental' then Edith Piaf was the only one.

But the actress who had the 'sexiest' voice of all time has to be Joan Greenwood. All 'Whisky Galore' and 'is that you Captain Waggett??' I rest my case.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Seeing we are getting back to the 'elderly' age group, not that i admit to being one. Always had a soft spot for Alma Cogan, and when I got all 'continental' then Edith Piaf was the only one.

But the actress who had the 'sexiest' voice of all time has to be Joan Greenwood. All 'Whisky Galore' and 'is that you Captain Waggett??' I rest my case.
Alma Cogan. Jeez you are showing your age, LOL

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
SL - I do not in any way wish to be considered as old age, I am like a good wine - I mature with age. I will admit to remembering Alma Cogan "Twenty tiny fingers, twenty tiny toes, two angel faces each with a turned up nose, one looks like mommy with a cute little curl on and the other one has a big bald spot exactly like his pop ............"

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
SL - I do not in any way wish to be considered as old age, I am like a good wine - I mature with age. I will admit to remembering Alma Cogan "Twenty tiny fingers, twenty tiny toes, two angel faces each with a turned up nose, one looks like mommy with a cute little curl on and the other one has a big bald spot exactly like his pop ............"
....cute little curl on top ....

Jul 19, 2005
Visit site
Always found Carpenters music very good for getting my then baby girl to sleep. Sadly now she is 30 it is not any good as a strategy but she has on many occasions found her fathers subtle indoctrination of 60's and early 70's pop music useful in pub quizzes. I am looking forward to the strategy coming into its own again with the new granddaughters.

Alun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts