the fairweather campers kids are back

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hmmm

Let's see, we've had screaming kids, dogs, bikes, smoky barbeques,

music,threats and swearing (aquarolls at twenty paces) we've just done ball games so can somebody please do windbreaks and late night noise so that we can get it over with and I can go and get on with the gardening ?

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ray - I love your reply.

------------------

Parksy, I'll do travellers cruising the area, you missed that. There's a small site three miles from my house and I often see 'them' driving around the area and past my house (we have our van on the drive at the mo).

Does that count, even though it doesn't really relate to a campsite?

----------------

Lisa

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Cheers Lisa

Although strictly speaking the travellers have to occupy a kiddies playground illegaly (we just love kids don't we, bless em)and to qualify you have to chuck in the bit about the police being scared of them.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Of course, I forgot about the police. It's a bit strange really because they arn't scared to go in mob handed to arrest terrorists yet they won't 'cross the line' into a campsite to get the young Bartley Gormans.

Lisa

G

Get it right Lisa, single parents on the dole with a dozen chavy kids living on chips and space raiders...

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
let me get things right in here then,

if you are new to this forum you can not mention things that have been discussed before as what is nthe point{pipe delimiter} mentioning what happended to you in a caravanning environment is open to public ridicule (SP0

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
let me get things right in here then,

if you are new to this forum you can not mention things that have been discussed before as what is nthe point{pipe delimiter} mentioning what happended to you in a caravanning environment is open to public ridicule (SP)

mentioning what happened to you on a caravan site on a caravan forum seems to open you up to ridicule especially from those who have been here longest and/or run the forum?

seems a real friendly game.

thankfully the majority of people i have met caravaning have been graet

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You must be the only 6 foot 2" rugby player I've ever come across who can't take a joke Charlie.

It's strange how in the couple of times that you've used this forum you felt the need to mention your height and weight in the post.

Others could be forgiven for thinking that you are insecure.

Don't open flame bait topics and then nobody will take the mickey!

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
as a 6ft 2 1/2in , 16 1/2 stone (former) hairy ar5ed biker I'm feeling rather left out now.

mind you do I count on the fact I've got kids (or rather 1) , 2 dogs , drive a 4x4 (Landrover) and come from the Midlands. No I'm not a Brummie before you tar me with that brush.

LOL

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
I have 3 young children and a dog and do not find Charlies comments or post in the slightest bit offensive.

What I do find offensive are the camps at either end of this argument ie those who shudder at the sight or sound of a child stepping out of a caravan and those in Charlies post that have no respect for others, both camps are disrespectful and selfish in their own way.

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Thankyou Garfield at least some can see the point,

well I am on a nice site in Durham at the moment in my shorts in the sun and after nice breakfast.

Hope everyone is having a great easter

G

Cool Charlie, have a nice time and try not to beat-up to many campers
happy0060.gif

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
i have to agree with charlie's post of 11th April. It's all very well for people to say a topic has been done to death if they have been on this forum since sprite was an independant manufacturer! but for those of us who are relativly new, most topics are also new and our opinion and points are as valid now as those of the past!

well said charlie!

Oh and by the way, i have 2 kids and a dog, the children go off and play whilst me and the wife try to sort out the caravan! we do keep a good eye on them tho! sorry in advance if anyone takes offence on site! but their excited about being away!

surly that's what it's all about!

Dec 22, 2008
Visit site
i have to agree with charlie's post of 11th April. It's all very well for people to say a topic has been done to death if they have been on this forum since sprite was an independant manufacturer! but for those of us who are relativly new, most topics are also new and our opinion and points are as valid now as those of the past!

well said charlie!

Oh and by the way, i have 2 kids and a dog, the children go off and play whilst me and the wife try to sort out the caravan! we do keep a good eye on them tho! sorry in advance if anyone takes offence on site! but their excited about being away!

surly that's what it's all about!
kids playing and being noisey aint acceptable, but a full grown man picking a fight with another man is. funny old world aint it. raymond h.

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
As a newbie it can be quite 'scary' or intimidating posting on here. Always wondering if the first reply is going to sneer at you for being stupid, repeating previous topics, etc.

The site is going to be cyclical with topics repeating over periods of time. I would find this quite natural.

Suggestion: When mods post on here as taking part in a particular topic as opposed to moderating it, post as a different user so that it is clear that at that point you are not providing any moderation and are just taking part. Otherwise your opinion then looks official, which it shouldn't.

Ian

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I am 100% behind Ian on this. Moderators who wish to take part should login as a user, not in their official capacity.

As for the rant - why don't you go to an adults only/no dogs/bbq's banned site if you can't stand them?

Makes sense to me.

Mac

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm actually on a CC site in the Cotswolds at the moment and feel compelled to post - I would welcome sticking to adults only sites if there were more of them and I'm sure others would too.

My breaks are limited to school hols as I have a teenage son. Although he doesn't come away with us we have to be at home term times as he goes to school 18 miles away.

Now, I tipped up here and parked as far away as possible from the play area. Shortly after I was disturbed by two families from one van thudding footballs around between vans and I duly rang the office to complain. The warden came and APOLOGISED that he had to spoil the fun and BLAMED a complaint that had come into the office. The football went away and the tennis racquets and balls came out. Enough said. Bank Holiday Monday morning at 7.05am we were awoken to the chatter/shouts of children outside on site. We have also been entertained by kids racing around on site honking the horns on their bikes to one another - nowhere near their own vans I might add. A man in a neighbouring van came and asked them to move on tonight thank God.

My point is, how do these children ever get taught site etiquette? Perhaps it would be nice, instead of having notices up in the loos about parental responsibility, having a little booklet comic style sent out with the Club mags or given out on site to detail what is acceptable and what isn't. Is it not about educating the up and coming generations?

Rightly or wrongly it appears to me that if kids are in the play area they need to be supervised, I'm wondering if that's why its easier to let them roam on site causing a nuisance to other people??

Nov 23, 2008
Visit site
I have 3 children ages 13,14 and 17 the eldest doesn't come away anymore, however my middle child a boy is autistic with lots of other difficulties and on one occasion stormed off in a mood and was rude to another camper when I tried to explain the situation and try to apologise all I got was that her grandson had learning difficulties and would never do such a thing please remember that not all these badly behaved children are that bad and situations can arise that parents can't always control . my son is now quite a withdrawn child and this wouldn't happen i'm glad to say

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
hi i would just like to add that there are families out there that do take over sites, and we do all need to stand up and let people know this isn,t exceptable!! how ever i too have small children who do occasionsally make noise etc but i always respect other campers, and make them clear up etc and try my hardest to let them have fun and keep quiet. isnt camping about family friends, kids and meet new ones, whilst respecting others.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts