The forum members party tent

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi everyone

As you all probably know, we now have a new van - it came with a Dorema President Vario awning, which is 3.5 metre wide.

I would like to know whether everyone would be happy using my awning as the party tent for future meets as it is huge, or would you all still like me to bring the party tent?

Please could you let me know.

Many thanks

Lolly x

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Wow

Was the whole site flooded or just the entrance? I guess the river rose up and flooded did it?

Lolly x
sorry can noot say has son and wife only whent past the entrance but as you now you go over a low brig to get in and so of the pichers are next to the river as well.

mark

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
There's a party tent?! Wow now I'm really looking forward to the halloween meet. On the other hand I don't think I've got the social skills to cope with a party tent. Is dancing involved?

Mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
lolly, I must agree that the Vario is a huge awning and a great design, but take care in the rain. I've had mine now for four years, and as a rally awning, it is great, BUT, it's now in my shed, and I doubt if I shall use it again. The problem is in the area of the roof. The roof panel nearset the van on mine appears to be too big. Not the ground to ground length, just the size of that one panel ( well, two actually, both sides,) so that even the smallest shower will have the roof "puddling". This has happened since new, and Dorema took it back once and "tailored" the panel, but this made no difference, and when I told them this they dismissed me, saying I'd bought the wrong size.This si the third awning I've used on my van, and the other two are OK!

If I could get an awning repairer to look at it when it's up, I'm sure I could get it fixed so that I can use it again, but so far I've had no success with that.

Good luck with yours, but watch that roof in the rain.It's a good job my van has doors on both sides, cos we can't use the awning door in the wet!

Anyone want to buy a dry weather awning?

Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Emmerson

Thanks for your reply, the awning came with the van and we have used it twice on two sites in one week.

We went away in the torrential rain 3 weeks ago and had "issues" with it puddling.

Stuart seemed to get it sorted using rope washing line all over the inside of the awning, it did look a state!!

Did Dorema not have any advice for you?

Our first van we ever had came with a Venturer awning and that seemed to be an excellent awning, would you suggest we change ours?

Thanks in advance

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Emmerson

Thanks for your reply, the awning came with the van and we have used it twice on two sites in one week.

We went away in the torrential rain 3 weeks ago and had "issues" with it puddling.

Stuart seemed to get it sorted using rope washing line all over the inside of the awning, it did look a state!!

Did Dorema not have any advice for you?

Our first van we ever had came with a Venturer awning and that seemed to be an excellent awning, would you suggest we change ours?

Thanks in advance

Lolly x
Hi Lolly.As I said, when I complained to Dorema after they had tailored the Vario, they dismissed me as I "had bought the wrong size"(their words)As my van is 830cms, and I bought a 825-850, that argument was flawed!Like you, I've tried extra poles etc, but nothing works. I even had two special poles made to extend the roof upwards, but it then puddled in the front! I do intend to get to the bottom of the problem, because we do like the extra spacefor our club rallies, as it saves me having to carry the club tent as well, but until I can find a repairer to come and see it on my van, I'm a bit stuck.Why not hang on to yours until I get mine right, then do yours too?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Morning Lolly, I did think of selling ours, but decided not to inflict my problems on someone else!!! I won't be dealing with Dorema again, as the awning is now four years old, but I will continue to try to find a repairer who will do what I want.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have you looked here to see if there is a repairer near to where you live

]http://www.canvas-repairs.co.uk/
http://www.canvas-repairs.co.uk/[/quote
Thanks Rita. I tried that,and it gave me two, one 26 miles away, and the other 96!I'll try the closer one, as there's a site quite near them where I can erect the awning and get them to come and see it. I'll keep you posted. but it won't be for a while yet, cos I'm off on hols for two weeks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts