The Glorious 12th

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We had the so called Ecocamel fitted and changed it within a week for a normal shower head. Now have a decent shower with a good flow. We would not have one of those Ecocamel shower heads in our caravan or at home. Goes to show how different we all are thank goodness. 😆
I think what improved in ours was the area of the shower spray, I know its not like the 20 litres a minute, that the home power showers are, but we get a lovely 3 to 5 minute shower. With a 15 minutes to fully reheat the water up again.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The delays have started already, Dental appointment , 19th April, Bedroom windows being replaced 22nd April. Wifes Haircut, 28th April. Caravan service 29th April. Hospital appointment 30th April.
May looks clear. , fingers crossed for getting away.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Very doubtful we will be away before 17 th May, similar reasons to,Hutch. That said my very long term friends aka The Amigos have an outside table booked at The Red Lion on the 12th April😋😋😋😋😋
And I have a few things to fix on the Wyoming. Why do things go wrong when she hasn’t been used much for a year??

Reactions: Hutch
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We've deliberately made our first booking close enough that we can come back for the day for anything important - we're awaiting a date for our 2nd Covid jab, the 12 weeks from the 1st is in the middle of our time away.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I thought everyone got given a card when you had your first jab that showed the time and date it was done, then the 2nd appointment showed the date for your second jab and the time was the same as the first, did you not get the card given, I know at our vaccine location that’s what we got.

BP

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our local GP's surgery, told us 2nd jab would be before the 12 week time, they sent me a text message last week, I get my second jab, tomorrow. And table booked at the local for next monday. Outside, under cover. .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I thought everyone got given a card when you had your first jab that showed the time and date it was done, then the 2nd appointment showed the date for your second jab and the time was the same as the first, did you not get the card given, I know at our vaccine location that’s what we got.

BP
Ours did not give a date for the second jab, just said it would be within 12 weeks. We received the invite text yesterday offering us a range of booking dates and times. It will be just a day over ten weeks from jab number 1. Well enough clear of our first foray to get over any side effects should they arise.

Have booked supper in a nice pub for 17 May the day we can get good showers on site and eat indoors.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

BP
No - some got a date for their 2nd jab, some didn't - our cards show the first jab details with gaps for the 2nd. I've checked with our GP surgery, they're steadily working through in the same sequence as 1st jab.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes,were off to Warcombe Farm in Devon.
Our first time there and have been allocated a fully serviced pitch alongside the lake.
It looks very nice in the pictures with good reviews and hoping to do some sightseeing and walking.
There are some nice dog walks from the site and we were looking forward to taking Oscar our little Shih-Tzu.
Unfortunately,we sadly lost him 3 weeks ago.😪

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes,were off to Warcombe Farm in Devon.
Our first time there and have been allocated a fully serviced pitch alongside the lake.
It looks very nice in the pictures with good reviews and hoping to do some sightseeing and walking.
There are some nice dog walks from the site and we were looking forward to taking Oscar our little Shih-Tzu.
Unfortunately,we sadly lost him 3 weeks ago.😪
GeorgeandAde I hope you still have a nice time but it very sad losing Oscar as he was part of a loving family

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Our last two caravans have had the ecocamel shower head. I have never noticed any difference from the previous shower, but there again I never checked what that used. It works as a shower, but I cannot see me changing to it if we did not get it as standard.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Ecocamel spray heads give a small resistance to the incoming flow so may reduce usage slightly. It then introduces air which improves the waters whetting affect, giving a slightly better shower.

So, IMHO, they do marginally improve the shower experience, but I find their claims seem far fetched.

John

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
A good few years ago my brother in law said he envied what we were doing , ie touring in a motorhome. At the time he owned a shop in addition renting rooms. He was past the 65 so I said cut back on these so we can get out. Well he did buy a camper and we went to western Europe . From then on it was where are we going again. I think this was over a three year period and he had sold off his burden so was not hard up. Then the camper got stolen and never got another one . Now they just spoke about it for another few years. His wife died and that just about ended his world . We visited every week and this was a 160 mile in all He now is in a care home and we have not seen him for number of months. The point of telling this you do not know what the future is so if you can do it , do it . We have often cancelled appointments so we can do our thing.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
A good few years ago my brother in law said he envied what we were doing , ie touring in a motorhome. At the time he owned a shop in addition renting rooms. He was past the 65 so I said cut back on these so we can get out. Well he did buy a camper and we went to western Europe . From then on it was where are we going again. I think this was over a three year period and he had sold off his burden so was not hard up. Then the camper got stolen and never got another one . Now they just spoke about it for another few years. His wife died and that just about ended his world . We visited every week and this was a 160 mile in all He now is in a care home and we have not seen him for number of months. The point of telling this you do not know what the future is so if you can do it , do it . We have often cancelled appointments so we can do our thing.
I agree with this, keep positive and if you want to do something then do it so you can say that that has been enjoyed. We have done alot of what we want, I think you are saying don't put off what you want to do. Hope that you are still enjoying your motorhome and having adventures so that you have many experiences and memories to look back on. Also still have plans for the future even if they are not as big as they once had, happy touring.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The delays have started already, Dental appointment , 19th April, Bedroom windows being replaced 22nd April. Wifes Haircut, 28th April. Caravan service 29th April. Hospital appointment 30th April.
May looks clear. , fingers crossed for getting away.
Hutch Looks like you making up for lost time hope everything goes to plan and you can book a break in May :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts