The Grenadier.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Here’s a link to the new Grenadier 4x4 conceived by Sir Jim Ratcliffe (Ineos) in a pub of the same name. Being built in Bridgend with engines by BMW and other power train assemblies by Carrara, and Magna. It looks very much like the old Defender which Sir Jim really enthuses about, but the Grenadier is designed to be a big improvement in build quality and reliability.
https://ineosgrenadier.com/reveal

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
First glance I thought it was just a Defender 110 with a skirt on. Reading on it looks to be a worthy successor to the only proper Landy .
Wonder why JLR turned their back on this sector in favour of another Chelsea Tractor.
I was watching a YouTube video of a proud new ‘Defender’ owner Picking up his car from the dealer. Managed about 5 miles before the engine light came on and it went into Limp home mode.
Good luck Grenadier.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
First glance I thought it was just a Defender 110 with a skirt on. Reading on it looks to be a worthy successor to the only proper Landy .
Wonder why JLR turned their back on this sector in favour of another Chelsea Tractor.
I was watching a YouTube video of a proud new ‘Defender’ owner Picking up his car from the dealer. Managed about 5 miles before the engine light came on and it went into Limp home mode.
Good luck Grenadier.
If you watch the videos the list of partner companies is impressive and they’ve not compromised the off road capability as the Magna guy says no electronics in the suspension. And the size of those Panhard rods front and back......awesome. Well out of my price range though so I will just have to treasure my memories of my SWB Pajeros off road adventures. But if the bonds should come good ........... (y)

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Always been a great fan of the G Wagen. If my numbers came up I’d be straight down to Mercedes for the AMG 630 version.
Is this a G Wagen made under licence in India?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Always been a great fan of the G Wagen. If my numbers came up I’d be straight down to Mercedes for the AMG 630 version.
Is this a G Wagen made under licence in India?

Don’t think so it’s made by Mahindra who make some pretty good small 4x4 that are used by the Indian armed forces and used extensively in national parks.

Anyone who has been driven on Indian ordinary roads will appreciate the toughness of their cars, ease of maintenance and lack of sophistication. But as more people have cars in cities and roads improve western and Korean /Japanese are more common.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Given the price of the G Wagon the two are not competitors. This is a utility vehicle for the likes of farmers and is meant to be affordable. Its biggest problem could be that by the time it is available, the new Discovery will have established itself.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Given the price of the G Wagon the two are not competitors. This is a utility vehicle for the likes of farmers and is meant to be affordable. Its biggest problem could be that by the time it is available, the new Discovery will have established itself.
Agree it all depends on the price be interesting to see how it compares to the new Defender.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I do wonder if when he grenadier is ready for market if JLR will suddenly produce a stripped down Defender to compete. They have already produced a van version and there is probably more in the pipeline.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts