the mag

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Well said Tina

I am all for humour and enjoy this forum because of it. You cannot pidgeon hole hole humour in to its own section as some of the anoraks suggested previously. It has to be spontaneous.

However what happened here in my view is not humour it is vindictive. Those who made the comments should be ashamed.

Mark please continue to contribute.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi All

Here here. At least Mark is trying to use the forum for the purpose it was meant. This is exactly what Tony Ash was referring to in 'Am I the only one' in the 'our web site' section.

Totally unnecessary. I agree some light heartedness is almost obligatory but like many I feel certain members have been pushing the boundaries and inevitably this is what happens, some one is hurt.

By the way I am quite confident at spelling but I find the best way to avoid mistakes is to type it in word and cut and paste into the reply box.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hello mark is my husband and yes he has got dyslexia so l would like to thank you for sticking up for him he will be back on later when l come of the computer as for the negative comments it just shows how ignorant they are.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sharon

it wouldnt matter if Mark wasnt dyslexic and just cant spell,some people just cant,I work with guys who earn loads a dosh,yes much more than the lollypop man Kanga!(needless to say I dont)and some of their writing is apalling!!! it means nothing !! hope to see you BOTH on here soon x

Apr 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Sharon and Mark

I think many of us were appalled when we read the hurtful comments made and we can only wonder what makes these people tick. Those of us with any intelligence only admire someone who has difficulties for at least having a go,as they are the ones who are smart. Keep on joining in as I for one enjoy reading your comments. Chris

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just as a matter of interest the dictionary definition of Pleb is "a common vulgar person" I think Captain Kangaroo & Zbungle fit the dictionary definition perfectly.

Maybe an apology would be in order? Good luck to Mark & keep contributing. I support everything Tina wrote.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Well said all of you ,there is no place for intolerance on these pages(as implied in my previous post) or any where else for that matter.I know I was mentioned in the"Am I the only one"posting but I hope Martyn you can see that I wouldn't stoop to the level of others in an effort to be "funny"I think an appology from Zbungle and Captain Kangaroo is the very least they could do.....Mark keep 'em coming mate....Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am with Gooner & Brian (St Alnans). An apology is in order.

From what I understand Mark, it is often those with a high IQ that have dyslexia.

Keep it comming

Clive

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Well said all of you ,there is no place for intolerance on these pages(as implied in my previous post) or any where else for that matter.I know I was mentioned in the"Am I the only one"posting but I hope Martyn you can see that I wouldn't stoop to the level of others in an effort to be "funny"I think an appology from Zbungle and Captain Kangaroo is the very least they could do.....Mark keep 'em coming mate....Brian
Hi Brian

Fair play to you mate you didn't jump on this one by engaging typing finger before brain, unlike the other two who I would imagine are probably hanging their heads in shame at the moment, and if they are not they are worse than we think. In their defence it could be that they made a genuine mistake and an apology to this end will put us all back on an even footing. I know you must think I am a bit of a whiner but certainly of late it seems the most sensible of threads are brought to a grinding halt by a puerile comment from Captain Kangaroo.

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I am with Gooner & Brian (St Alnans). An apology is in order.

From what I understand Mark, it is often those with a high IQ that have dyslexia.

Keep it comming

Clive
Hi Mark and Sharon

I seem to recall that in the past I have replied to Mark on another thread and realised immediately what the situation was. Sadly, as I have commented before, there are people on this forum that engage typing finger before brain in pursuit of a cheap laugh. No I don't mean you Brian, fair play you were in there early to admonish those responsible.

All too often, recently, perfectly sensible threads have been brought to a grinding halt because of some puerile comment from Captain Kangaroo (and some others)

Dare I say it may have been a genuine mistake by these people (something you must have learnt to tolerate to some extent by now?) and that a simple apology to this effect will straiten everything out?

In the meantime may I suggest to others that have been angered by this episode that we keep the replies / postings coming so that this thread stays at the top until an apology is received.

Perhaps the moderator would like to coment

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Im sorry Martyn but I dont agree,Yes Ive been a bit mischeivous and have apologised for that, but how can you mistakingly call some one "thick" and ask them "how english lessons are going",this was a pure hurtful insult,something I have never done or all the others who like to have a bit of a joke and thats the difference! An apology is deffo in order!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Missed this one for a while.

Tina, aaah thanks for the nice comments but no the one calling me a pleb. I will explain ................ my posting calling a a person who cannot spell a pleb was, if you read it again, spelt incorrectly therefore calling myself a pleb and therefore asking to be banned ............... did you not get it? I was in my own way saying that its ok to spell words incorrectly so long as you have something to say funny, constructive or not.

Dyslexia does not mean you are of low intelligence, in fact einstein was totally dyslexic!

In fact you could say that the other readers of this forum are a bit thick ..........those asking for an apology mmmmmmmmmm

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Good points from all but one thing just occurred to me - are we taking Marks feelings into account here? Continuing with this may not be helping Mark

Don't get me wrong - I agree with all that has been said and I think we all have our opinions on "Captain Kangeroo" and "Zbungle" whose actions are as childish and purile as their i.d.'s.

What may be better is simply not replying to the silly comments these guys like to make.

Lets face it you have to be a grown-up to have the guts to say sorry and mean it. I think if they were going to do it they would have done it by now.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Missed this one for a while.

Tina, aaah thanks for the nice comments but no the one calling me a pleb. I will explain ................ my posting calling a a person who cannot spell a pleb was, if you read it again, spelt incorrectly therefore calling myself a pleb and therefore asking to be banned ............... did you not get it? I was in my own way saying that its ok to spell words incorrectly so long as you have something to say funny, constructive or not.

Dyslexia does not mean you are of low intelligence, in fact einstein was totally dyslexic!

In fact you could say that the other readers of this forum are a bit thick ..........those asking for an apology mmmmmmmmmm
Prat

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts