THE ORIGINAL NO RESPECT

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can you all please reply once again with your genuine comments with respect unacceptable circumstances onsite, my personal problem is any type of game in an unauthorised area and subsequent damage / potential damage that can be done to our property.

I want to be in a postion to get a general census of opinion by next week in order that I can forward it to the Caravan Club for thier action. I would like to see a no ball game rule strictly enforced with signs all around the site, with exception to the allocated area.

Please don't get me wrong I enjoy to see children enjoying themselves, and I do not object to the smaller children playing near vans because they do not damage things in general due to their light play. Its the much older children and parents play full pelt with leather footballs / rugbyballs / trowing discs / cricket / tennis / swingball that really does annoy me as they should know better.

Please keep it real and not personal so we don't get pulled by the moderator once again.

MANY THANKS,

DAVE.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Ok Dave.

Kids should ONLY play with bats balls etc well away from other campers be it for the protection re damage to cars and vans etc or just to keep the thud of bat and ball away fom those who don't appreciate it.

Parents who fail to make sure their kids play in the correct way to be dragged behind a car around the field before being fed to the child that is then to be shipped to Alpha Centuri or Quantanamo Bay ;-)

ps. I like kids and have had three myself :)

Bye bye and good luck, and there will be no

misbehaving when my site is up and running.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Ball games should not be played around caravan or camping units. There should be designated areas for this sort activity well away from the main pitching areas.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
I agree, ball games should be played in a specially designated area away from the pitches,also the thought of a heavier weight ball hitting someone in the face while they are dosing in a deck chair is not on. Smashed spectacles, broken nose etc. doesn't bear thinking about.

Helen

Mar 21, 2005
Visit site
We went to Incleboro Fields CC site at Cromer May Day bank holiday (what a lovely site!)

Whilst we were setting up the van, I was in the bedroom making the bed and there was an almight bang on the side of the van. I looked out the window and saw a youth from the van parked behind us retrieving his football. His Dad was cooking next to their van and, I'm pleased to say, pointed out to his son, in no uncertain terms the error of his ways :) The lad looked over my way and mouthed "sorry". For the rest of the weekend he played with the football further down the road in the designated area. I know he didn't mean to hit our van and his Dad gave him what for but it just shows how some people think rules don't apply to them.

I must admit though, my tummy did a little flip when I saw the lad come out of their caravan carrying a golf club, that is until I saw that his "golf" ball was made of sponge ! :)

Janey

First of all Dave think back to when you where a kid your parents could let you roam freely without any fear of you being aducted by some pedo. By asking children to go and play in a field maybe some distance from thier caravan we could be inviting trouble, (bad Trouble). If you feel so strongly about kids playing freely beside your van go and have a nice polite word with thier parents and be diplomatic about it. I bet it works.

I would surgest that you go to an Adults only site.

P.S Maybe you jion in the fun with them I do and I love it. Childhood is so important to them dont spoil it for them.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tentitively sticking head above parapit!

As well as any ball game being banned on the caravan site - I would like to see children in particular stopped from running through other peoples pitches.

We have to erect windbreaks, even tho we do not like them, to prevent this. Our two dogs have reacted to the sudden appearance of someone running through.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Parents ought to be alerted to another danger.The possibility of barbeques being knocked over, if children are allowed to run through other pitches as they like. Safety is the thing. Yes children must have freedom to enjoy themselves. But campsites are quite dangerous places.

Helen

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i agree that all ball games should be kept well away from the vans and vehicles as they are too easily damaged and very expensive to repair most campsites especially cc sites are pretty safe security wise and if youre not happy sending your child to play on a designated area then get off your backsides and go with them!So stan to suggest that people who dont want to see kids enjoying themselves should go to adult only sites is just being daft as theres nothing enjoyable about hordes of kids piling thru your pitch tripping over everything when youre trying to have your breakfast and its not all kids anyway just the minority whos parents dont keep an eye on what theyre up to.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
denise,i totally agree with you,i have children myself,both 14 and 12 and get off my backside to enjoy quality time with them in the desinated ball area"s playing games.

Aug 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dave, I have already e-mail the Caravan Club on this subject,and am awaiting a reply. it will be more power if you also contact them, I mailed them last year on the same subject, it took a week to get a reply then all they said was that there are signs saying no ball games on site, I hope that they will enforce this rule to the letter this time, I am sure if enough people show their concern that they will have to make sure that the wardens keep this rule in check.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
First of all Dave think back to when you where a kid your parents could let you roam freely without any fear of you being aducted by some pedo. By asking children to go and play in a field maybe some distance from thier caravan we could be inviting trouble, (bad Trouble). If you feel so strongly about kids playing freely beside your van go and have a nice polite word with thier parents and be diplomatic about it. I bet it works.

I would surgest that you go to an Adults only site.

P.S Maybe you jion in the fun with them I do and I love it. Childhood is so important to them dont spoil it for them.
great stan,missed the point,my children are 12 and 14 so adult sites are not a go go here

as regards having a word the rules are rules nNO BALL GAMES MEANS NO BALL GAMES,REALLY SIMPLE,as for joining in the fun i do,AGAIN IN THE RIGHT AREA

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
too right dave i have three daughters but only one young enough to come away with us and its all part of the holiday to play with her or go swimming or cycling but usually shes made so many new friends she always has someone her own age to play with but saying that we always know where she is as she takes a walkie talkie to the play areas and she khows not to go on anyones pitch or into anyones van without getting their permission and telling us what pitch she is at.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Denise

I think the walkie talkies are a brilliant idea, our children are in their late twenties now but one day in the not too distant future we may be taking grandchildren caravanning so its good to know what measures other people take.

Helen

great stan,missed the point,my children are 12 and 14 so adult sites are not a go go here

as regards having a word the rules are rules nNO BALL GAMES MEANS NO BALL GAMES,REALLY SIMPLE,as for joining in the fun i do,AGAIN IN THE RIGHT AREA

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE
12 and 14 year can still be aducted.

Poeple who take dogs on site should use a Beware of the Dog sign. I am not anti dog but as you say a dog can react to someone cutting across their pitch. My in-laws have a dog and we all caravan together and they use one as do others I have seen. I find it works.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The thing is Dave if you have a problem with caravan club site rules then you should take that up with the club yourself I don't think that you should use opions on the forum as a backup to your complaint.As we have said on the forum before ,the world is made up of many different people and we all think we are right! probably the majority of caravanners have children that will respect the rules.but lets face it there is nothing worse than arriving on a site to a list of rules.. and some sites don't have play areas.Also

the people who usually act this way will do so whether it is an enforeced rule or not.Myself I have a problem with adults that stay up half the night drinking and making a hell of a noise..but its their holiday too,or shall we put them in a field on their own.You just cannot change the way other people behave even with rules, the only thing you can try and change is that parents should be held responsible for the cost of any damage which should be legally enforced then things might change.

Catherine

May 12, 2005
Visit site
Dave ,

You have my backing 100%. I think the biggest problem is with, parents/adults who when approached about children, dogs or even their own behavour get aggressive. I think CC wardens should have the power to ask such people to leave the site ASAP, and if they have further trouble membership should be cancelled.

Catherine,

Rules are in force to protect every one, if people dont agree with them don`t join the club, You can change peoples behavour with rules, but wardens need teeth to enforce them.

If my outfit was damaged by kids playing I would expect the parents to pay, before having to use legal enforcement.

ENFORCED RULES MAKE A BETTER CLUB

TONY A.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This forum is not the place to get a "General Consensus" of anything.

There are far too few users to be able to say, categorically, "This is what all caravanners want!"

The general rules about site behaviour are laid down by the Cravan Club, for CC sites ONLY. Commercial sites are not bound by these rules, and have, or dont have, rules of their own.

How the rules are enforced is a different matter.

To have a draconian implementation of rules is just as bad, if not worse, than a relaxed view.

We go away to relax and enjoy the time we have, if we want a very quiet site, we tend to use CL's, as they are limited to the number of vans.

If we want to have a more energetic time, we use the bigger club sites, and expect there to be some things happening which we maybe dont like very much, but accept that EVERYONE has their own way of relaxing.

I agree that games areas should be away from the vans, not only for the sake of the vans, but also from the danger of moving vehicles on site.

It seems to me that people want everything "compartmentalised", so if that is the case, we would need separate areas for those who use a BBQ, another for those who like to watch TV , another for those with big dogs, one for small dogs, one for those who drink, one for teetotallers, and of course, a very strict Warden , or security guards who would patrol the areas to ensure no one was not where they should be.

Silly????...of course it is, but thats what Dave is , maybe unintentionally , asking for.

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Dave

I dont know if any complaint forms are made available at caravan club sites in general, but maybe this would be a good way, with the help of the CC itself, to estimate the amount of trouble at sites and also get an idea of peoples attitudes to various problems. Perhaps they would be willing to offer this sort of survey form when members arrive at a site, and it could be completed and returned to the office at the end of a visit.

Most organisations are interested in having quality control of some sort. We have not had our caravan delivered yet, and the content of some of these conversations tends to make one think lets go do something else!! Helen

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dave

I dont know if any complaint forms are made available at caravan club sites in general, but maybe this would be a good way, with the help of the CC itself, to estimate the amount of trouble at sites and also get an idea of peoples attitudes to various problems. Perhaps they would be willing to offer this sort of survey form when members arrive at a site, and it could be completed and returned to the office at the end of a visit.

Most organisations are interested in having quality control of some sort. We have not had our caravan delivered yet, and the content of some of these conversations tends to make one think lets go do something else!! Helen
Helen, thats the problem with sites like this, one only gets a very narrow view of the wider aspects of caravanning, and only hear of the minority of bad cases.

There are several aspects to the whole story, firstly, if you have children, then the times you can get away are dictated by school holidays, so , if you want to avoid the obvious larger amount of children on site, and are able to do it, go out of school holiday times.

Secondly, the amount of problem cases are in a MINORITY, and most times you will have a good time.

We have stayed at many sites and have never encountered the kind of things being aired on here, regarding chidren.

We have encountered quite a few very noisy adults, who were behaving much worse than their children.

So, lets get this into perspective, wherever you go, you will always have the chance to meet up with people or activities which you may not like, but thats life!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts