The positive side of lockdown....

Page 3 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
AQv6MF7.jpg

freedom to park any where you want at the services at the weekends. Services still busy ish Monday to Friday but the weekends they are dead
You could take your pick enjoy

Reactions: Galgo slave
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Even the hospital car park has loads of spaces at any time. Beneath every black cloud ..........So even taking our granddaughter to orthodontist doesn’t require a driver-Parker and an accompanying adult. One adult suffices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Galgo slave
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Remember the hole in the wall? When did anyone last withdraw cash? Before Christmas for me.
Hi DD my wife checks the hole in the wall every week to see what cash is in and to transfer it to another account because we are saving and for extras we might need .

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi DD my wife checks the hole in the wall every week to see what cash is in and to transfer it to another account because we are saving and for extras we might need .

My wife is getting the hang of internet banking, and does account transfers and transfers to people we pay regularly from there using BACs. She will not trust an iPad or phone to do this, has to use our PC! (Yes, no logic).

We had to make a payment to my daughter the other day, she said we should use the a Barclay’s app called ping. Pre set account info, attach to a picture, then just add the amount to do the transfer in seconds.

She won’t hear of it.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife is getting the hang of internet banking, and does account transfers and transfers to people we pay regularly from there using BACs. She will not trust an iPad or phone to do this, has to use our PC! (Yes, no logic).

We had to make a payment to my daughter the other day, she said we should use the a Barclay’s app called ping. Pre set account info, attach to a picture, then just add the amount to do the transfer in seconds.

She won’t hear of it.

John
My wife has also started to use both banking app and credit card app. The thing that persuaded her was when a large payment for a kitchen on credit card did not go through. We didn’t receive any message saying to ring the card company. So had to ring them using a contact number on the card. It took almost 90 minutes but eventually payment went through. We thought if we’d had a potential fraud issue when out and it took that long to respond then our phone could have run down, or if travelling the plane may have taken off. The card company told us that with the app you could instantly put a stop on the cards(s). That’s what persuaded her and me.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

She won’t hear of it.

John
We will not have any banking apps on our phones or tablet as at the moment I still do not trust them. Only login using the bank website and keypads.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We will not have any banking apps on our phones or tablet as at the moment I still do not trust them. Only login using the bank website and keypads.

My kids, and you’ve met Ian who is a computer expert. Laughs at Marj who thinks a bit like you. As it ALL uses the internet. Apps are just a way of linking to it.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
My kids, and you’ve met Ian who is a computer expert. Laughs at Marj who thinks a bit like you. As it ALL uses the internet. Apps are just a way of linking to it.

John
Do you need a keypad to access your bank if using an app? To access our accounts we need a keypad or they text a code to the phone. The keypad is the more secure of the two.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am cautious about using the phone and only use the PC for internet banking. I have the same security on my tablet so I would not worry about using that, but the keypad on the computer is far easier for me.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Do you need a keypad to access your bank if using an app? To access our accounts we need a keypad or they text a code to the phone. The keypad is the more secure of the two.
No on ours. But there are limits fir payment to new payees. I think the max is £1000 but you can set that lower. If above £1000 you need the debit card plus the keypad machine. All of our apps that could cost me money bare set up for two factor verification , and even the computer online banking I’ve now set up for 2F verification on any payee irrespective even if it’s family.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i am in agreement with you about banking apps on phones or tablet we don"t trust them either so you are not on your own .

TRENDING THREADS