The positive side of lockdown....

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I am wondering when we should consider planting vegetables and fruit like tomatoes.
Be guided by the instructions on the back of the seed packets. I tend not to go for early sowing just in case of a late spell of bad weather. They always catch up in the season.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Are Garden Centres still operating at present? Nearest one to us is several miles away.

Scrub that as just checked and they are open for limited hours however no rush at present.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
The garden looks better than it ever as done as this can suffer when we go off. That apart the car has done under 3,000 miles not over 10,000 so some saving on wear and tear and the not going out has saved us a lot on fuel, site fees ,meals out and the like but in practice we would have been happier going away if we could rather than increasing our bank balance.
On the positive side none of our immediate family has had covid and some remote ones that we came across in my wife's ancestry research have recovered and we hope to meet them later this year.

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i would not like to be planting at present this is what it look like this morning

Attachments

• DSC02968 (1).JPG
    DSC02968 (1).JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Because we are not going out like normal times our Skoda 2.0dsg Elegance keeps regenerating on these trips to our local Tesco which is 4 miles away, so will have to give it a run to clear the soot.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Because we are not going out like normal times our Skoda 2.0dsg Elegance keeps regenerating on these trips to our local Tesco which is 4 miles away, so will have to give it a run to clear the soot.
My Touareg 3.0 TDi was doing the same in the first lockdown so I bought an elderly petrol Citroen C1 for our short journeys - it also qualifies for the upcoming Birmingham ULEZ.,

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
My car had it first outing for some time I wanted to see how it would behave in Snow and i put it in the snow mode i love every minute going to Tesco Supermarket and home bargains but i am not allowed out of the car but it had made my day ..

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
In the last few days been up the loft to see what I had put up there. Found my old JVC camcorder and Samsung video recorder (cassette tapes ) both come from about years 2000.Put the Samsung connected to tv and watch where we had been. Several hours of viewing has made us almost despondent with our we are now to then. Memories flooded in seeing the places we went to and escapades we got up to . It would be hard to pick any one country as all have something different . Prague being pulled up for having no headlights on in daytime , Spain stopping at remote place waking up to find back of camper pasted with election notices, Germany, Austria it goes on and on with all of them . Family often use to say why spend so much on your campers and caravans when you can get coach ,air, boat trips for less. You all know the answer to that

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Only be despondent for a sort while. Memories are the thing that no-one else can take away. Enjoy them. This will pass and more memories are waiting to be be made.
mel

Reactions: Dustydog
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
In everything we have to think of the positive in life, we have a new baby in the family, improvement in health so that I can begin to return to a modicum of a normal life. Just to keeping positive is not always an easy thing to do, glass half full etc, but we may soon return to 'normal' lifestyle.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have just realised that shopping has become easier. My wife will spend ages in shops looking at everything and comparing it and then checking all other similar shops and then going back to the first one to make sure she was right. Now I can give her the computer and leave her to go through that with only the odd question of do I like this or that. After that you click a few buttons and it turns up a few days later. Still I do miss the meals out while she ponders, after looking in the shops.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have just realised that shopping has become easier. My wife will spend ages in shops looking at everything and comparing it and then checking all other similar shops and then going back to the first one to make sure she was right. Now I can give her the computer and leave her to go through that with only the odd question of do I like this or that. After that you click a few buttons and it turns up a few days later. Still I do miss the meals out while she ponders, after looking in the shops.
Also become cheaper as not tempted by specials etc!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts