The Ranch Ayreshire?

Apr 9, 2006
Visit site
We are going to Scotland this year for the first time,we are a family of four (kids age 12+4)the first week we are going to c.c Bunree near Fort William which i am happy with the second week we are thinking of going to The Ranch in Maybole Ayreshire,i cannot find any reviews of the site and not sure of the area with things to do with the children,has anyone been to this site or visited the area?

Thanks

Andrew+Nicola

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Andrew, We have visited the area last May and to be honest its not a place we will be returning to soon, we found very little in the area and what there was we thought expensive.

I don't think there is much to entertain the kids with ,ours are older and don't come with us anymore.

We stayed at Craige Gardens CC site,the site you mention we actually visited and again not impressed, a lot of seasonal vans on the site, it looked clean enough but was quite open, I read somewhere the owners had cut down a lot of trees. The swimming pool was in a large wooden outbuilding, it was not are sort of site so we did'nt stay long.

I have no doubt that someone will be along soon with totally different views, but this is my opinion.

Jun 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi Andrew & Nicola

As Jasper said, there would be someone along with different views so here they are. We live about an hour away from this site and use it fairly often as a quick weekend away. Our two girls are 13 and 10 and they both love it even though they also love the sites with all the entertainment. It is a peaceful site set in the countryside not far from the seaside. It is listed in this month's practical caravan top 100 supplement too. If you log onto www.caravansitefinder you can see more reviews too. Hope this helps.

Ashley

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
We stayed at Culzean Castle site but The Ranch is just along the road from the castle too and we seen lots kids of all ages playing on the site park as you can see it from the road. There was a fair bit to do at Culzean castle.A deer park in the grounds,adventure playgrounds, stalls with pirate activities(I think they put different things on-check website-we thought of going Easter as there may be something)There is a sheltered cove where the children actually could play in the sea for probably the only time during THat summer last year!There is also Heads Of Ayr farm park with go-karts bouncy pillows and lots more.

Hope you can decide!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts