The search continues

AKA

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys
apologies again!

Any thoughts on a compass corona 524, 2006 onwards, seem to look like nice vans and within our weight again, and probably a better length, im trying hard to keep things reigned in this time when we first looked at vans it was easy to get overwhelmed by everything out there and therefore make mistakes..

cheers lollie,
Ps the sun is actually shinning, i best watch i dont burn on contact, it such an alien sight up here.
smiley-cool.gif

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lollie
We had a compass rallye 460/2 a few years back and the van was excellent, was only a 2 berth but had a massive end washroom. We got ours from Bardsea Leisure in Ulverston as we have every caravan . I highly recommend this dealer . Check out there website
www.bardsealeisure.co.uk
If you buy a caravan from this dealer you also get 2 nights stay free on there site, which is at the back of the dealership. This way if there are any problems they are on site to fix problem before you leave. (how many dealers offer this).

Dougie.....

AKA

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
hi reg,pat, and dougie
had a look at the website dougie, cheers for that certainly if they had something in we could consider that distance because they offer that over night stay as we are in the highlands,.so ill keep my eye on there site.
pat and reg yep thats the kinda layout we prefer with the wee fella we like our own bathroom and shower mostly for him, but we especailly need either a double or side dinette just so he can have his own wee area,
open to any other makes ideas etc, was very excited about the orion coming out but it is way too small at the front as we tend to use it as 2 singles, so we need 2 singles at front lounge, a back or side dinette and a shower room with decent room in it, not to keen on wet rooms.

cheers lollie x

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Had a new mendip magnum 524 in 2001 (dealer special) that was replaced free of charge with a 2002 following numerous faults. I was glad when we could afford to change that one as lots of faults with that too!! They may of improved but it has put me off the explorer brand for life!

Do agree with children though the rear bathroom is very handy.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lollie
Sorry that I don't have information on the Compass Corona but if you were to enter Compass Corona into the search box at the top right of the forum page and click on GO! you would unearth various comments, some relevant and some not.

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/search/node/Compass%20Corona

Obviously on a caravan forum we see comments mainly highlighting problems and faults so if you do decide to browse the archive please bear in mind that the majority of satisfied owners of all makes of caravan never comment on caravan forums.
I seem to remember that you rather admired Sprite caravans by Swift so here's your 'Uncle Jack's' Top Tip for this month
smiley-laughing.gif

Although Sprites are Swifts entry level range they are very well equipped and popular models. Swift are upgrading their Sprite range for 2012 (the new models will appear in September) and this means that current models which remain on dealers forecourts may be well discounted price wise so that dealers can make room for the new facelifted models.
I know that due to your husbands employment situation you have to be very careful and prudent right now but if a 2010/2011 new but pre facelift model is currently outside your budget the upgrade should mean that there will be some late model trade in's available which will also have to be sold.
Coachman and Lunar are also upgrading next years models so let Google be your friend to source attractive deals from reputable sales outlets.
Don't be scared to use your Bailey for breaks away from it all, the damp shouldn't have too great an effect as long as the caravan is structurally sound so you may as well salvage some enjoyment from the unfortunate situation. If you're worried about keeping clothes in the wardrobe just buy a cheapo nylon campers wardrobe from Argos and stick it in the awning.
If the financial discount from dealers doesn't appear to be too attractive don't give in, try to negotiate free accessories such as an Aquaroll, waste water carrier, awning, motor mover, leisure battery etc., and if you can leave the caravan salesman curled up in a dark corner sobbing my work here is done!

AKA

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all
sorry not been on here for a couple of days once again thanks for all the comments, Barside certainly seem to have the right idea with the 2 night stay it could be something me and the OH could consider doing for the right van and sale!

Uncle Jack, your on the money their thats what we were thinking baring all miracles which seem to be thin on the ground right now, we thought about trading in towards the end of season knowing that there was bound to be face lifts due on makes(you just confirmed our suspicions) but also with trade slowing down it might be a better time, also gives us time here to let things settle down, which i wish to hell they would. I have had more happen to me in the last two months that would normally happen over about 2 years.Got a hospital appointment next week so there is a dealer we are keen to see then as its not within our usual area, hoping to see something more fresh and they certainly seem to have less of the fixed bed variety which seem to have the majority of the market where we have been looking, but just wouldnt work for us..

Who's talking about the dog??? i mean my son, although i do have one of the four legged variety too, which requires to be able to get "in under" a bed for totally guarding potential LOL
smiley-laughing.gif

cheers all lollie xxx

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Keep your chin up Lollie, always try to think positive however bleak the outlook because you are young and as Buddha said, all things must pass!
P1030176.jpg

October is when the major caravan exhibitions take place with bumper sales figures but dealers have chance to preview facelift models and place their orders just before then and the last thing that they want are a lot of older models taking up forecourt space. Good luck with the hospital appointment

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi
I have bought three caravans from Bardsea - excellent to deal with - Also look out in next issue of PC for buying a used Compass Corona - it may be of help. Also dont expect new Sprite till late 2011 early 2012 - look for dealer specials too on Sprite front they can be well worth the extra notes - but if you go to Bardsea give my regards to Tom , Sharron Gill and Terry !

Jenko

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts