theres nice folk out there

Jun 3, 2005
Visit site
thanks to the couple who warned us about our caravan tyre on the M5 on friday 12th august. we were traveling home Friday night when a car pulled along side us waving and pointing then in front of us hazards with lights on. we pulled over to find the tyre shredded. we was eventually towed off the motorway and tyre replaced. however can not thank the folk who warned us so if your out there CHEERS !

p.s.anybody Know of a good caravan repairer in cheshire as the van has underneath floor damage from the rubber.(has anyone had this happen)

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Nice one. There are a few folks out there who care, well done to your assistants.

I had a wheel bearing collapse on my boat trailer once. As I am an engineer, I had a plan to fix it. This involved my brother in law travelling 50 miles to bring a spare hub to me. I was stuck on the Sedgemoor services.

I did have an audience though. An AA patrol and the RAC, watching proceedings like vultures. They must of been taking bets on how long before I signed up.

Didn't even get as much as a piece of rag to wipe my hands off them let alone any help. Still with inginuity we fixed it and as soon as they saw we had won they moved off from the free DIY show on the car park. I did have a couple of motorist's offer help, but as it happened i was ok.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We had the same thing happen to us a few years back. We were driving along the A14 and had a tyre blow out on the outside lane. Fortunately, as we had a Disco we didn't come to any harm. We managed to creep over to the side of the dual carriage way and, needless to say, the tyre was in shreds, and had damaged the wheel arch also. I think my husband repaired it when we got home and unfortunately I haven't got a clue how he did it, as I said this was a few years back.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This also happened to us many years ago and the only time I knew I had a puncture was when I opened the window (it was a warm evening) and I heard the shreded tyre flapping against the wheel arch! The outfit stayed totally stable, Morris Marina and Sprite Alpine, what a combination!!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This also happened to us many years ago and the only time I knew I had a puncture was when I opened the window (it was a warm evening) and I heard the shreded tyre flapping against the wheel arch! The outfit stayed totally stable, Morris Marina and Sprite Alpine, what a combination!!!!!
I'll say it before someone else does----you sad man!!!!!!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts