Thetford c250 loo constant flush

Oct 28, 2008
Visit site
My thetford loo has developed the habit of flushing of its own volition. Sometimes in the middle of the night often emptying the entire flush tank. Could anyone suggest what might be the cause and how to rectify it?

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
I think you have to assume there is a problem with the circuit board which is concealed beneath the sticky switch panel - fortunately Thetford provide many hepful files on their site - here is the link to your model
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBNAv-n8ghQ&feature=youtu.be
It might just need a clean and waterproof spray.

Good luck :)

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
I have not had cause to work on this PCB, but the small one in the cassette compartment has no protection to the side of the PCB with the tracks and soldering points. Indeed I found that those in our Heiki 4 electric rooflight have no protection either.

Before you start the job, get some of this:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-pcb-lacquer-n67an
Clean any debris off the board, invert, spray a good coating and leave 20 mins to go off

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
We had this problem last year and had to disconnect the electrics to the toilet to stop it overflowing into the van.
Discovered it was a corroded terminal on the circuit board. Changed the terminal and had no problems since.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Cobbers .If you havnt already done so carefully as you may have seen in the video remove the sticky infill and then remove the board.. You may find there is only one connector and not two connected to the board. Carefully remove which ever one you have and use some contact spray only a small amount to clean the board but only where you have removed the connector block leave a couple of seconds to dry. Reconnect if that hasnt done the trick spray a liitle inside of the connector block give those a bit better chance of working . Last but not least if it still doesnt work,it may well be the micro switch on the board ,you could try just a little squirt on the switch. I had the same trouble you have and did the same as I have written it lasted 3 years . Finally as I was advised by the good guys of this forum do not use WD 40 on the board anywhere only if it Is WD 40 Contact cleaner that drys out . Good Luck
Sir Roger

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts