Thetford Cassette C262 Toilet Intermittent problems

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
Hi all first timer on here can anyone guide me through this as I've tried all the usual stuff - basically I have a Bailey Pegasus II Rimini 2012. The flush system works intermittently. I've checked the circuit board after checking the pump by using a 12 volt tester the pump whizzed so that was working I then put it back and pressed the circuit board an d it worked to my surprise but putting the thing back together it didn't work and now there is a continuous red neon light remains permanently on located on the left side of the circuit board not the red neon light to say the cassette is full in fact that stopped working some while ago I couldn't find a fuse inside but on removing a plastic cover where the cassette is housed I found another circuit board which I can't find anywhere on you tube the only thing I can think of is the pump has seized and creating a electrical circuit but I've no idea really as I'm not a electrician can anyone help please many thanks John-Boy sorry for the long winded version lol

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Can only advise on my experience.
The printed circuit you found behind the toilet cassette is the reed switch, that controls the toilet full light, along with a floating magnet inside the cassette , Always corrodes. renew that, not that expensive
You may find a 3amp fuse near by, renew that and clean every thing , You say the pcb and the pump work then, you should be ok.
Clean everything until you can almost see your face. in it.

Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
Well I got it all working cleaned everything up tested it still OK but has soon as I fitted it back in to it's housing it stopped working so I took it out of its housing hey presto it worked fitted it back they yes you guessed it dude it didn;t work

• Wow
Reactions: DaveA1
Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Well I got it all working cleaned everything up tested it still OK but has soon as I fitted it back in to it's housing it stopped working so I took it out of its housing hey presto it worked fitted it back they yes you guessed it dude it didn;t work
Very strange.

Reactions: John-Boy
Jun 10, 2023
Visit site
that's what my wife Pauline said (thats very strange love) lol then she said leave it loose so we can use it but thats not fixing the issue love

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I wonder if there is a wire that is broken, when refitted but breaks the circuit when you refit the unit. Another hands on job to diagnose.

Reactions: John-Boy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts