Thetford electric flush toilet

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
Am i right in saying that the water for the electric flush comes from the main caravan source and that pink toilet fluid can not be used.The reason i ask is that i couldnt find a fresh water tank to fill on my new caravan (Adria 542 dt)

Regards.

Feb 11, 2008
Visit site
the tank filler is either on the side of the van above the cassette door or inside the cassette door and it folds out. If you have neither then it's a fresh water system and no pink rinse can be used. The pink rinse is good for keeping the lip seals lubed so if its a fresh water system then use a silicone spray on it once every outing and it will keep it intact.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
ive never heard of a caravan toilet drawing water from the drinking water source and cant really see how it could be hygienic if it where to back feed in any way which is probably pretty unlikely but if its possible then it will happen one day.

our thetford has electric flush and the fill tank is just above the housing for the waste tank, we no longer use the thetford pink fluid however as its been widely suggested that this fluid is the cause of the black algie coming out of the flush tank, we now use top and tail fluids such as aqua chem etc.

Mar 21, 2007
sites.google.com
ive never heard of a caravan toilet drawing water from the drinking water source and cant really see how it could be hygienic if it where to back feed in any way which is probably pretty unlikely but if its possible then it will happen one day.

our thetford has electric flush and the fill tank is just above the housing for the waste tank, we no longer use the thetford pink fluid however as its been widely suggested that this fluid is the cause of the black algie coming out of the flush tank, we now use top and tail fluids such as aqua chem etc.
You will find most German caravans work on the freshwater system taking thier water from the onboard tank. I just traded in an Hymer like that and the Fendt I have just got is the same. I cant see what the problem is, the toilet simply operates the pump in the tank.

Dave

Nov 16, 2008
Visit site
You will find most German caravans work on the freshwater system taking thier water from the onboard tank. I just traded in an Hymer like that and the Fendt I have just got is the same. I cant see what the problem is, the toilet simply operates the pump in the tank.

Dave
Hi Iceman

You probably use this system allready in your house.

Thetford offer this option on a number of thier toilets.

It the saves you having to fill two systems

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Icemaker

Some vans do have the toilet flush off the main water syatem especially when an onboard tank is fitted

We had some friends who had it like that on an Avondale

The biggest snag when no tank is fitted is flushing the loo en route and also no pink flush can be added

At home the toilet flush water is the same source as the adjacent wash hand basin etc

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
I would like that system on my Bailey.

Always found the second generation toilet to be a backwards step.

The old system could be filled and drained much easier.

Come on bailey, or have they already done it?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Iceman

You probably use this system allready in your house.

Thetford offer this option on a number of thier toilets.

It the saves you having to fill two systems
Icemaker

My aunts new Swift motorhome uses the "mains" water for flushing.

Personally I like to add my pink stuff and use a separate tank.

Cheers

Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts