Thetford flush upgrade

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
I would like to replace manual flush to electric flush on a c200 thetford toilet on my 2008 Bailey caravan , can this be done and if so what do I need.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If you are thinking of a conversion to modify yours to the flexible membrane push flush I wouldn’t advise it. The membrane circuit boards are notoriously unreliable and expensive to replace. In addition Thetford sited electrics in the cassette locker and these were susceptible to corrosion. Some owners have modified the system to site a more conventional switch adjacent to the toilet. I’ve got an electric flush and given the choice I’d be more than willing to revert to the manual zero hassle version. As far as modifying it would be worth looking at Thetfords website where you can see the respective illustrated parts diagrams. The easiest modification might be to obtain the required assembly from a breakers yard.

Reactions: JezzerB and Neil
Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I agree with other Clive .My van has the c250 sysyem In the 10 years of our van I have 4 new flush circuit boards.When the last board gave out my service engineer chucked that idea out and fitted a neat toggle switch on top of the flush tank where you would normally find the push button flush switch. Maybe as Clive has suggested try a breakers and get the whole system and then add your toggle switch about and hours work for a Service engineer .Certainly not a good idea to add you idea into the equation
Regards Sir Roger

Reactions: otherclive and Neil
May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with the two previous posts. Forums have lots of queries from people who have problems with the electric and personally if I could have the manual back I would take it. I feel it is just an answer to a problem that never existed.

Reactions: otherclive and Neil
May 11, 2017
Visit site
I'd stick with manual. Ours got stuck 'on'. I was worried it would burn out the pump once all the pink juice had run out. Tried to take the fuse out but it was the same fuse as for something else we really needed (can't remember what). Called our dealer from France who told me to snip the wires.... Just another thing to go wrong...

Reactions: otherclive
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Good move-we had a manual flush-when it eventually did fail-9 years old it was VERY easy to fix. They are tried and tested and the replacement pump assembly was as cheap as chips.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts