Thetford fridge problem

Mar 6, 2023
Visit site
Hi everyone

Could anyone advise me on why my fridge compartment is freezing all food when it is on the lowest setting ?

Any help much appreciated !

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi maccers1 welcome to the forum someone will answer your question they are a great bunch on here sorry i cannot keep posting

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Hi everyone

Could anyone advise me on why my fridge compartment is freezing all food when it is on the lowest setting ?

Any help much appreciated !
When you say fridge compartment can you clarify as the fridge is normally divided into two compartments with the top one being the freezer. Also the fridge model number would also be helpful. What setting is the fridge set to for temperature?

Mar 6, 2023
Visit site
When you say fridge compartment can you clarify as the fridge is normally divided into two compartments with the top one being the freezer. Also the fridge model number would also be helpful. What setting is the fridge set to for temperature?
Thanks for the quick reply, its the fridge compartment and it is a Thetford N112 fridge

Feb 19, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply, its the fridge compartment and it is a Thetford N112 fridge
Just had a look at my fridge manual, and it mentions fitting winter covers to the vents at temperatures below 8°C. I'd never heard of these, but as we are taking a trip in 2 weeks this is something I should look at !

Possibly it is simply the ambient temperature at the moment which is causing your fridge to get too cold ?

There is a thread on this forum about the issue :

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Welcome maccers1. My Dometic is the same but only after a week of continuous running in cold temperatures . Better with the two vent covers attached. Is the door sealing correctly? Gas or 230 v being used?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have caravaned at low ambient temperatures, down to zero centigrade, with no problems, aqua roll wraps around the barrels and the pipes to the van, top of the aqua rolls froze up but breaking the ice allowed the water to vent and flow.
I didn't use the vent covers for the fridge and had no problems, and that was over 4 winters in France. My fridge vent wen't into the lightweight awning.
Maybe I have just been. Lucky,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts