Thetford N3150 LCD Display

CFD

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
Good Morning

I have a Thetford N3150 Refridigrator and the LCD Display is broken. I am getting backlight on the LCD Display, but none of the Icons are indicating.

The fridge itself is working fine on 12V,230V and Gas and the buttons itself are also working.

Does anyone know which part i need to rectify the problem?

Attachments

• Fridge 1.jpg
    Fridge 1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

I recently had a smart thermostat which still worked but the display screen was unreadable. I found this Chinese place.

By removing the old screen ribbon connector and searching for the number printed on it, I was able to order a new one for sub £18 and a 3 week wait.

The same might work for you.

To replace the whole unit at Thetford prices will be silly money I am sure.

John

CFD

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
Thanks. The Link does not seem to work, but would sure try and purchase a new off-brand part. The annoying thing is that the fridge is fully functional , but and the screen digitizer is working (It does register pushes).

Do you also know how much the voltage on the D+ connector. (Signal Wire indicating that the car is running and the fridge running on 12V). I am setting up a 800-1000W Solar array with 4x100AH batteries and want to save gas. (Getting Gas in different countries doesnt always seem so easy as there are a myriad of connectors)

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. The Link does not seem to work, but would sure try and purchase a new off-brand part. The annoying thing is that the fridge is fully functional , but and the screen digitizer is working (It does register pushes).

Do you also know how much the voltage on the D+ connector. (Signal Wire indicating that the car is running and the fridge running on 12V). I am setting up a 800-1000W Solar array with 4x100AH batteries and want to save gas. (Getting Gas in different countries doesnt always seem so easy as there are a myriad of connectors)
Just tested the link and it is fine. If not working, Google aliexpress.

John

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site

Are you suggesting continuous running the fridge on 12V dc power? If so beware that many fridges do not have a thermostat that works on the 12V cooling, So if yo did use 12V dc power it is likely to run 24/7, and that will have a very dramatic effect on the stored energy in the batteries.

Talking of batteries, going for a 1000W PV and 4 x 100Ah batteries is going to swallow up a lot of the caravans pay load capacity. You will need to be aware of the loading of the caravan.

Reactions: CFD

CFD

Jun 27, 2023
Visit site
Are you suggesting continuous running the fridge on 12V dc power? If so beware that many fridges do not have a thermostat that works on the 12V cooling, So if yo did use 12V dc power it is likely to run 24/7, and that will have a very dramatic effect on the stored energy in the batteries.

Talking of batteries, going for a 1000W PV and 4 x 100Ah batteries is going to swallow up a lot of the caravans pay load capacity. You will need to be aware of the loading of the caravan.
The Payload issue is very well known. I have two Campervans with 500kg and 700kg Payload isnt an issue. I am just wanting to "burn off" the excess energy by dumping it into the fridge. But if there is no thermostat it might be an issue and i have to rethink. Thanks for the heads up

The link just opened Aliexpress main page and not the product page.

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
I agree with Jcloughie, take it apart and try and find a part number. THen google the part for a supplier.
I recently did this for our Whale iVan control panel. £400 for a replacement from Whale, or a screen for £70 from China (probably the original manufacturer)
Ali Express can be a bit hit and miss with quality I have found, but usually OK, delivery times can be from days to months, so be careful of that if you need it in a rush.
Happy fixing

Reactions: Jcloughie

TRENDING THREADS