Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Don`t you just hate it when you cant trust the fellow campers on site, i put my awning up at KILN PARK, Tenby, this Bank Holiday and placed some garden lights outside it and the first night there some pathetic individual stole them, whats it coming to!!!. I HATE THIEVES. The cost doesn`t matter but its the thought that someone thinks nothing about coming onto your pitch and stealing from you.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi tony.

I quite concurr with you. I had a small short hose nicked off the top of my water barrels beside the caravan.

I've deliberately bought a day glow pink watering can to deter thieft of that item I use to fill the loo flush tank. would a bloke fancey a bright pink watering can, I don't think so.

But please don't do what a chap did near us. He was so fed up of people nicking his garden ornaments that he wired his steel chainlink fence to the mains. When the local plod came to view his latest crime he got a real shock when he leant on the fence. The guy got prosecuted instead of the criminals.

Very annoying that people can't keep their hands in their pockets.

Not all campsites are like that, on our site you can leave your car unlocked all night and no one bothers.

As usual it's the 1% who spoil it for the 99% of good campers.

ATB Steve L.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Whatever the value of an article, some people cant resist stealing it. Last year I watched a woman stop her car, get out, walk to where there was a raised garden in the road and pull out four petunias.

On the other hand, for several years I've 'planted' two garden lights outside our awning when we've gone to Spain in November. Although we come home for two weeks over Christmas, the lights are always there when we get back.

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello Tony

Many years ago when the kids were little we used to go to Kiln Park in Tenby,had some great holidays.

A couple of years ago we took the van there for a week,I suppose to reminesce about years gone by.The place was full of low lifes and morons,so it doesnt surprise me that your lights got nicked.

We would never go back there again.

As you say the cost is irrelevent,its just so annoying when something like this happens.

In a way it sums up society,where you will always get those who want "owt for nowt"

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Was the park that dark that you needed to put up extra lights? Maybe the extra light annoyed a neighbour and they pulled them out and threw them over the fence.

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Its a sad day when you see people having to chain and padlock things such as aquarolls and waste masters up but I have seen this. Needless-to-say I didnt visit that site again the place was a dump, one guy advised that we didnt put up our awning as he had arrived the day before, and during the night some kind person armed with a stanley knife or such like had slashed his awning windows.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Its a sad day when you see people having to chain and padlock things such as aquarolls and waste masters up but I have seen this. Needless-to-say I didnt visit that site again the place was a dump, one guy advised that we didnt put up our awning as he had arrived the day before, and during the night some kind person armed with a stanley knife or such like had slashed his awning windows.
From my drive way some low life stole the jockey wheel locking bar, but were kind enough to put the jockey wheel under the van.

About

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
Was the park that dark that you needed to put up extra lights? Maybe the extra light annoyed a neighbour and they pulled them out and threw them over the fence.
Lol Theres always one isn`t it, if anyone was annoyed they should come and ask don`t steal them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts