Thinking of buying a Bailey Ranger 5 berth

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terence,Just picked mine up a few weeks ago been away in it twice .no problems at all plenty of room ,sturdy well laid out ,fixtures and fittings all excellent ,beds when made up are easy to do and also very comfy ,plenty of storage space .Heating when you need to use it is also excellent and the full size fridge is a godsend . Good luck Tom

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I purchased a Bailey 500/5 new in Dec 2002, a 2003 model. We cannot fault the van - the comments made by Tom are 100% correct, The only difference between our model and the current one is the new ones have a one piece front window and the main roof light is now more over the kitchen area rather than in the front over the lounge. I would say go for it and enjoy yourselves, we have over the past couple of years and have not regretted it. Good luck

May 21, 2005
Visit site
My wife and I purchased a Bailey 500/5 new in Dec 2002, a 2003 model. We cannot fault the van - the comments made by Tom are 100% correct, The only difference between our model and the current one is the new ones have a one piece front window and the main roof light is now more over the kitchen area rather than in the front over the lounge. I would say go for it and enjoy yourselves, we have over the past couple of years and have not regretted it. Good luck
Thanks Colin & Tom for comments, great feedback, looks like I'll be joining the club, sounds great. Thanks again.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Forgot to mention that as it is generally only my wife and self nowadays, the children have left the nest, we tend to leave the rear bed up all the time and close the partition door during the day. This gives us the benefit of having a fixed rear bed where we can have a few minutes rest or sleep if needed during the day time. Good luck - go for it.

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
We got our 6 berth 550/6 Ranger 3 weeks ago and are very pleased with it, loads of space and the fixed end bunks are excellent for the kids, blown heating works extremely well (once the temperature sensor was plugged into the heater properly) Appears to be well constructed and good to tow.

Jun 14, 2005
Visit site
I am considering a Bailey 500/5 for the end bedroom feature. But is the Shower/Wc not too small? When using the shower does it get everything else wet in the WC

Col B

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Colin, yes it does. Previously had end bathrooms, but went for a new 2003 Ranger. Just upgraded to a Provence with a separate shower.

Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
Have Ranger 500/5 2002 model, great van, very adaptable. We have had lots of combinations of kids, grannies, friends on holidays with us. Now we are just 3 and daughter loves her bunk bed. I would recommend it although I dont like this years model just as much.

Apr 28, 2006
Visit site
Forgot to mention that as it is generally only my wife and self nowadays, the children have left the nest, we tend to leave the rear bed up all the time and close the partition door during the day. This gives us the benefit of having a fixed rear bed where we can have a few minutes rest or sleep if needed during the day time. Good luck - go for it.
Read your comment. Have recently bought a ranger 500/5 and have decided to leave the bed down permanently too. Just wanted your opinion on how comfortable the cushions are to sleep on. Rarely have a good sleep and am thinking of replacing them with a mattress although don't really want to lose the usefulness of the seats.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts