Three cheers for Chichester Caravans

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
I'm quick enough to moan so I should be quick enough to praise... Our 2008 Coachman went back to the dealers with a list of 13 faults last weekend. We are picking it up tomorrow with 12 of the faults rectified, just waiting on a part before the last one can be completed. To be honest Coachman have absolved themselves of the issues I have taken to them. Chichester have not once let us down and provided excellent service. Paul the Service Manager has fixed our microwave in faultlessly when Coachman refused to do it. I have every faith that the new door he has put on and the other rectified faults will be of an equal standard.

Mark in Sales has been seemingly as interested in our purchase before and after he took our money. I believe he genuinely wants to give a good service and has stepped up to the mark constantly, if he says he will ring etc. he does so.

We hear so much about bad service once the van has been sold I really think Chichester Redhill Branch deserve a mention, their service is second to none and we wouldn't buy from anywhere else now even though we are in Essex and they are in Surrey.

Val.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
John Bolton MD from Chichester caravans in Bromsgove got all the issues on our caravan sorted out for us and we were pleased withe serviced offered and would buy from them again. His biggest hassle was getting the manufacturer to agree to bearing the cost of the repairs.

Dec 9, 2007
Visit site
Hi Val,that's brilliant news;12 out of 13 in one go.Must be a record for a Coachman dealer!

We're glad you're getting good service from your Chichester.We really shouldn't be having this many problems with vans of this supposed quality,should we.

I hope the part they're still waiting for isn't the door,lol!

BTW, our home microwave went on the blink the other day so we took the one out of the van and replaced that with a much lighter one.I think it was just over thirty quid from Morrison's,but it's good enough for the van.A deeper piece of wood over the top and it's there for the duration.

All you need do now is test your repairs out by way of a couple of weeks touring - what an excuse!

All the best, Dave

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Glad you have your van in a servicable condition. It's a pity you had the faults in the first place. There have been recent posts on this forum about the build quality of new caravans, why can't British manufactures build vans of a consistantly high quality? I'm sure if a new car had as many faults as caravans have the company would go out of business. Who mentioned BL?

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chrisbee,

Its down to penny pinching and moneygrabbing like everything else.

For example, having no end stops on the drawers so they fall out in transit and make a dig in the flooring. Some of the drawers have proper metal runners with end stops, others are only plastic runners with no stops at all, cheaper option. The bottom panel of one of the overhead lockers was unsupported, put a heavy bottle in there and the panel bends! Just a rush job I guess. The jockey wheel has started disintegrating already, only had the van since March - mass manufactured cheap tat on a supposed quality van.

When we collected the van on purchase there were cupboard doors not put on straight, it was so obvious I have no idea how these vans pass quality control (if there is such a thing these days) and so it goes on.....

Val.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chrisbee,

Its down to penny pinching and moneygrabbing like everything else.

For example, having no end stops on the drawers so they fall out in transit and make a dig in the flooring. Some of the drawers have proper metal runners with end stops, others are only plastic runners with no stops at all, cheaper option. The bottom panel of one of the overhead lockers was unsupported, put a heavy bottle in there and the panel bends! Just a rush job I guess. The jockey wheel has started disintegrating already, only had the van since March - mass manufactured cheap tat on a supposed quality van.

When we collected the van on purchase there were cupboard doors not put on straight, it was so obvious I have no idea how these vans pass quality control (if there is such a thing these days) and so it goes on.....

Val.
BTW I've written to Coachman inviting them to be part of the forum like Swift and Bailey - I'm not holding my breath....

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I recently bourght a replacement heating element for the electrolux fridge in our 'van. Chichester Caravans in Chichester/Southbourne, not only had the part in stock, but they were cheaper than anywhere I could find on the net.

Obviously not all dealers are out to fleece you.

Iain

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts