Thule omnistor 1200

Apr 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi There,

I've have just purchased a Thule omnistor 1200 tried to erect it for the first time
last week but couldn't get the poles that attach to the caravan to tension dealer says its operator error I've watched the video and it looks so easy any advice would be much appreciated.

May 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi Andysh

We too have the Omnistore 1200 and haven't had any problems tensioning the poles. From memory there's a little black buckle-thingy that you use to manually tension once you've extended the poles so they're touching the pads on the inside of the canopy bag (at the top of the caravan sidewall). My job tends to be holding the canopy out while my husband does the tensioning but it's always worked for us.
Silly question - you're definitely putting the correct pole against the caravan (not the vertical one)? But the vertical one has 'feet' so it would be difficult to mix them up.
We love ours. We also bought the tent to fit underneath but are contemplating leaving that at home for our 4-week trip to France this summer as the canopy is, we think, all we need :)

Good luck with it!

Apr 28, 2018
Visit site
Hi Harby,

Thank you for replying,we have just figured it out didn’t realise there was a third leg DUH
Now got it up and looks great looking forward you using it enjoy France thanks again

May 11, 2017
Visit site
No probs glad you sorted it. Just wondering have you bought either of the awning tents to fit underneath it, or the side / front panels? We're pondering whether to get any side panels for the summer. Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts