Thule Omnistor

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting fed up with feeding my canopy along the awning rail of my Buccaneer Corsair, so am thinking about getting a Thule Omnistor which can either be bolted on the side of the van or on the roof. Continental vans often have this arrangement. I don't want the Fiamma Caravanstor which slides in the awning rail.
Anybody had any experience with such a setup?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Alanbrooke said:
I'm getting fed up with feeding my canopy along the awning rail of my Buccaneer Corsair, so am thinking about getting a Thule Omnistor which can either be bolted on the side of the van or on the roof. Continental vans often have this arrangement. I don't want the Fiamma Caravanstor which slides in the awning rail.
Anybody had any experience with such a setup?

There was a thread on this topic some months back asking almost the same question. Try a search that might give you some advice.

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. The name doesn't have the "e" on the actual canopy so that's why I put it thus. I found the topic ok and will contact Rose Awnings when I get back from Austria, where I've seen several such canopies.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Alanbrooke said:
Thanks. The name doesn't have the "e" on the actual canopy so that's why I put it thus. I found the topic ok and will contact Rose Awnings when I get back from Austria, where I've seen several such canopies.
If going for the Thule go for the one that mounts on top of the roof. You can then use a porch awning as the rail is free. Rose awnings come high recommended and there is a picture on their website of a Buccaneer with one mounted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This very day I've ordered an Omnistor 6300 2.6m x 2m wind out awning to replace my Fiamma Caravanstor which was getting a bit too much to roll up particularly in a high wind and single handed.
It is to go on a 2017 MY Coachman Vision 545. The two agents for Thule in this general area -Rose and Hll View have both fitted current Coachman vans with such an awning using the adhesive method of attachment.
I was no happy about bolts through the roof or sides - one wound need to have come into the top of the shower. The fitting is the same length as the awning cassette which eliminates the need to line up separate brackets. The nearside roof of the van is flat and without any joints iin the area in whih the awning needs to go. It seems that fitting is straightforward with the roof being thoroughly cleaned before the adhesive is applied and spread and the carrier positioned. It is recommended to let the adhesive set and cure for around 24 hours before operating the roll-out.
The snag is that there is going to be no way of changing your mind about position once the adhesive has set, but then a change of mind with bolt fittings will result in more holes and old ones to be filled and concealed.
I shall be getting the awning fitted early July when the an is in for it's annual service so will keep posting on progress and results.
The Thule website is not particularly easy to use especially for details of extras such as additional rafters or tension arms But both the dealers mentioned above have been very helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts