Thurston Manor, Dunbar, Scotland.

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi, has anyone recently stayed on this site. Comments of site would be greatly appreciated. Thinking of going September weekend. We are caravaning with two 8 year olds.

Thank You.

Feb 26, 2007
Visit site
Mairi,

If you go on to the web site

www.ukcampsites.co.uk and put in the name of the site,you will get the most up to date reviews from people who have stayed there.

Maureen

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mairi,

We stayed there in March this year. As it was early on in the season we were looking for somewhere with good indoor facilities. Thurston Manor's facilities are very good. Pool, bar, games area, restaurant etc all good, clean and well looked after, as are the shower/toilet block. No complaints.

When we went it was very very windy though and I understand that the site is prone to this due to it's location and the wind coming down the fields at back and the touring area being the highest point on the park.

Unfortunately it was so windy that we lifted the kids from their beds at about 10.00pm and drove home to Dundee. I went back for the van the next day and drove home at 40mph. certainly an experience ! LOL !

I would definitely stay here again, if i could be sure that it wouldn't be windy. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alex.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Mairi,

We stayed there in March this year. As it was early on in the season we were looking for somewhere with good indoor facilities. Thurston Manor's facilities are very good. Pool, bar, games area, restaurant etc all good, clean and well looked after, as are the shower/toilet block. No complaints.

When we went it was very very windy though and I understand that the site is prone to this due to it's location and the wind coming down the fields at back and the touring area being the highest point on the park.

Unfortunately it was so windy that we lifted the kids from their beds at about 10.00pm and drove home to Dundee. I went back for the van the next day and drove home at 40mph. certainly an experience ! LOL !

I would definitely stay here again, if i could be sure that it wouldn't be windy. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Alex.

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Alex, thanks for you comments. Yeah I did read that Thurston Manor does get hit quite a bit by the heavy winds. You were brave to sit it out til late evening!! We finally decided to give it a miss and headed off to Tummel Valley Holiday Park near Pitlochry for the weekend instead.

Mairi

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts