Time to come back

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Well it’s time to start heading north tomorrow. I have to say for a first long run, the van has performed superb. It tows really well with the car so I think the setup is about right and apart from a little hiccup with a Swiss tornado, we’re coming back unscathed.

Now planning lots of local weekends away.

Next stop, Luxembourg. (Via Freiburg and Heidelberg-just because we want to get 6 countries into our visit)

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
So yous've gettin through your first longhaul mate , everything juggled about to get your good towing performance , getting away for local weekends away now will be a doddle :p

We nearly had a brief encounter with an artic as i was about to pull back in after over taking just as you get the suction effect with the van going past their cab , the bairn in the back decided to stretch her legs into the back off my seat to push herself up giving me a shock , my hands that were firmly committed to the wheel moved to the left and caused a bit wobble and the artivc moved over whilst letting me know how loud his horn was :sick:

Safe return !!

May 29, 2018
Visit site
Unbelievably, once we hit 40mph my awesome roof fix blew off. So a full roll of gaffa tape later and a return to the campsite and we’re in Luxembourg and nothing has moved.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, it has certainly been an interesting trip for you, my last trip over to France was a six week one covering about 2500 miles thankfully the only hickup was my SatNav took me from the Western side of Paris into the center and back out North on the A1.

Safe trip home.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you haven't already found out, fuel in Luxembourg was usually cheaper than adjacent countries. Safe trip home

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I will continue on from ste's post , hope he doesn't mind as we have just getting back from two weeks in France in the Loire valley , weather was reasonably ok in the 30s couple of days of rain couple of nights of heavy rain other than that no problems at all , pitch huge can't complain .

I must admit found the fuel bit on the expensive side compared to 3 years ago but I can say that the kuga managed on its first long travel well with fully loaded van no problems at all down to the middle of France returning between 28 and 34 MPG and returning on just under 2ooo miles in 2 weeks :unsure: and pretty tiring as it's me that does all the driving although hats off to my wife as she sits with me as my second pair of eyes ! :)

For anybody travelling to France and wanting a stay over before they go we have found a cheap CL site for £20 per night ( £22 with the 2 kids ) which is about a 12 minute drive to the tunnel or Port didn't even bother unhooking the car she even had a cable ready for me really nice place .

Still Hooked Up just put the feet down there & ready to go at 5 a.m. the next morning .

Craig .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts