Tips and Sites for touring in Northern Spain

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are planning to visit Northern Spain both the coastal areas and the inland hills right across to Galcia. It's a 6 week trip in September-mid October and we will be taking the pooch with us. I would welcome any suggestions for good sites and places to visit. We are not strong on museums and galleries! Rather countryside and coast. Are the Spanish reasonably dog friendly?

The van is 7m long and is fitted with a mover so acess to pitches should not be a problem.

Cheers

Other Clive

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clive,

The site I mentioned is called Playa Joyel.

www.playajoyel.com.

We only intended to stay one night after arriving at Santander, & ended up staying nearly a week.

Also when you go in September you will be able to use camping cheques. 1 pitch, 2 adults + EHU 14 Euros/

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
Playa Joyel is a very nice albeit large site. We went in Whitsun 2006 (low season) when only part of the site was in use. There is direct access to the beach. The only downside which may affect Spain generally is that the Spanish descend like locusts at the weekend. They do not eat until 10pm then the children start to play. This is why there are signs all around the site for silence at midnight - not that that makes much difference. We arrived on a Monday and and intended to move to Biarritz on the Friday. We liked it so much we thought we would stay for the weekend. That was our mistake! However, if you are staying in Spain for the whole time you will not be able to avoid it.

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
We were there in June last year.

One of the quirky things they insist on is when using the pool every one has to wear a swimming cap, I shave my head but still had to wear a cap :eek:)

We got friendly with the lady that cleans the toilet block, she spends most of the day going between the ladies & gents, they are spotless she even started to teach us some Spanish

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
We were there in June last year.

One of the quirky things they insist on is when using the pool every one has to wear a swimming cap, I shave my head but still had to wear a cap :eek:)

We got friendly with the lady that cleans the toilet block, she spends most of the day going between the ladies & gents, they are spotless she even started to teach us some Spanish
I must second your comments re the toilet blocks. The cleaner seemed to be in there 24/7.

Jul 16, 2007
Visit site
We stayed for a few nights at a site at Llanes, probably half way between Bilbao and Galicia, handy for Picos de Europa: http://www.campinglapaz.com/

Nice large pitches and the owner tows you up a very steep hill once you have chosen your pitch.

Also, lots of sites here:

http://www.camping-spain.net/

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts