Tips on touring

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
EH52ARH said:
Anseo said:
:woohoo:
Rhys1962 said:
EH52ARH said:
https://s25.postimg.cc/luau2azrz/20180617_222451.jpg[/img]

I'm not eating any of your porridge Hutch, who knows where your spurtle has been? :whistle: .

Hopefully, you will bring a drawers worth down.

Yeuch!!!, Hutch I will make you instant with milk or water, do you want it with sugar or salt ? :)

Salt , never mind the Heart , the Drams sort that out.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site

We have one of these for when we are away in the caravan, it's a kinda drop down kind of thing :blink: which we normally put all of our small bits of underwear in and trinkets and saves a bit space in drawers and lockers .

Edit ; notice the TV booster unplugged in the background for no battery drainage whilst stored !! :p

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:

We have one of these for when we are away in the caravan, it's a kina drop down kind of thing :blink: which we normally put all of our small bits of underwear in and trinkets and saves a bit space in drawers and lockers .

Thanks Craig...

I think the proper name is Hanging Rail Storage Dangling Compartmenty Thing :p Or "SKUBB" from Ikea.

Might see if we have anything like that floating around, the house (think one got chucked out) I know if i buy one it won't get used :dry: but as there is only the 2 of us, we should have enough storage for clothes.

Some long zip ties from ebay arrived the other day so will be sorting the hanging rail at some point with pipe insulation. However in the meantime I have made a zip-tie lanyard for my Motor-Mover isolation key as it has been loose in the battery box... don't want to lose that! I have also bought a smartphone holder so I can use the sat-nav on my phone. Setting-up way-points and saving the caravan friendly route on the phone is easier than using my car's sat-nav which tenaciously routes via the smallest road possible or my hand-written towing route notes.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:
Edit ; notice the TV booster unplugged in the background for no battery drainage whilst stored !! :p

I did wonder what that was... does the power switch on the top of the booster not stop battery drainage?

On the previous Bailey's that we had , yes the booster switch did have an on / off switch but on the one we have now , the Sprite there is no switch at all so that's why it is removed. Only switch that is on there is a high or low boost .

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:

I did wonder what that was... does the power switch on the top of the booster not stop battery drainage?

On the previous Bailey's that we had , yes the booster switch did have an on / off switch but on the one we have now , the Sprite there is no switch at all so that's why it is removed. Only switch that is on there is a high or low boost .

Ahh... Swift must have switched what they fit... My Sprite has this: http://www.visionplus.co.uk/shop/tv-digital-amplifier-vp3.html

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Come across this in the PC mag when rereading it earlier on for traveling ...

Was meant to put it on when the topic was going a while ago but couldn't find it until tonight :silly:

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Craigyoung said:

Was meant to put it on when the topic was going a while ago but couldn't find it until tonight :silly:

Ha! Thanks Craig. Saw that the other day! I'm about 3 issues behind and another one arrived today!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Craigyoung said:

Ha! Thanks Craig. Saw that the other day! I'm about 3 issues behind and another one arrived today!

Do my trick, read it in the bath. Take a glass of single malt or what takes your fancy and get some peace.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
Raywood said:
Do my trick, read it in the bath. Take a glass of single malt or what takes your fancy and get some peace.

It's a shame I take a showers! :p However a Shower Beer is very refreshing! Saving the latest copy for an impromptu caravan trip to Devon at the end of the month! Will be putting some tips into practice.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
CustardAvenger said:
Raywood said:

It's a shame I take a showers! :p However a Shower Beer is very refreshing! Saving the latest copy for an impromptu caravan trip to Devon at the end of the month! Will be putting some tips into practice.

You have plenty of time to read it when you're stuck on the A3o !! :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts