To the Moderator.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is now a 2nd Maureen posting on this web-site.I have been leaving messages for her to come to an arrangement about identification between us.

I also noticed that in the Technical Section she apparently posted at 09.57 26.4.06, but I cannot find this posting at all.Can you throw any light on this.

When someone registers on this site,could it not be highlighted that someone is already using that particular name and to use something else instead ??

From Maureen ( Scotland )

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I have thought this too Maureen. From time to time there is another Craig posting on this site, and reading his and my posts back to back can look like I'm contradicting myself somewhat. There must surely be an easy solution to this? Regards, Craig (McGhee).

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Could'nt agree more, After all Mike is getting---well you know--common. One tries, but the prossess of changing it by e mail is a bit conver'looted'.

As it is I have to go through the ritual,

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

just to be different.

You could toss to see who was going to be Mo ( I duck as I type it let alown send it) but I do not thing there would be too many takers on odds on the response.

tt,

ect,ect

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Could'nt agree more, After all Mike is getting---well you know--common. One tries, but the prossess of changing it by e mail is a bit conver'looted'.

As it is I have to go through the ritual,

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

just to be different.

You could toss to see who was going to be Mo ( I duck as I type it let alown send it) but I do not thing there would be too many takers on odds on the response.

tt,

ect,ect
Hi Mike......organiser of revolutions!!!

I was Mo all my working life so I'd be happy with that.

I'll wait and see what Mr Moderator has to say.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
When I joined the forum there was another Chris posting so, out of courtesy, I changed which isn't hard to do. A Chris still rarely posts but I don't know if it's the same one. Besides, my present nome de plome is far more befitting of my place in life than just plain Chris :O) It can get confusing and can also cause trouble if two post using the same name. I've a feeling theres two Denises on here too. Hope His Moddyship can help you out Maureen, I don't see why you should have to change.

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
Sorry if there's confusion caused by people with the same name. Sadly our forum engine does not have the facility to prevent this.

Best solution is to change your 'nickname'. Just email me giving:

1. Your login email address

2. Password

3. Preferred nickname

- and I'll change it for you.

Moderator1

pcvforum@templenet.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Norfolk Mike,

Not common - just popular which is why I stick with Mike E. I could'nt do the geographical I.D. anyway; what with my Father being in the Forces I had thirteen different addresses before I left school !

Mike E

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
Hi Norfolk Mike,

Not common - just popular which is why I stick with Mike E. I could'nt do the geographical I.D. anyway; what with my Father being in the Forces I had thirteen different addresses before I left school !

Mike E
Hi less common Mike.

Like you, Daddy played soldiers for a living and I enjoyed the benifits of a wide (world wide)education.

With the benifit of hindsight I do not think it did much harm.

The only geographical attraction I have to Norfolk is that it is the first place we have lived in, without a single move, for more than 3 years.

I thing the attraction of caravaning is the wanderlust caused by a nomadic life.

ttfn

Norfolk Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have thought this too Maureen. From time to time there is another Craig posting on this site, and reading his and my posts back to back can look like I'm contradicting myself somewhat. There must surely be an easy solution to this? Regards, Craig (McGhee).
Hi Craig

Some months ago I changed my nickname as my name is craig and I noticed another Craig posting (you?).Have you noticed another posting recently?

C

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Could be worse we could be using surnames. Just think of how many Jones's annd Smith's grace our land better add the Davies's too.

Use a "nick name" it's easy. As I say to anyone, you can call me what you like, but don't call me late for breakfast.

TTFN ATB CU L8tr

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When our friend Colin joined (don't know what part of the country he comes from) I thought I would add my home town just to clarify the matter. As far as surnames are concerned as Steve said Jnes, Smith, Davies, Thomas, etc. are common names - Williams is popular - there is no disputing this well known fact. Lord B. I believe the other Chris is spelt without the "h". so there is a slight difference. He also pdovides more interesting postings....hehehe

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When our friend Colin joined (don't know what part of the country he comes from) I thought I would add my home town just to clarify the matter. As far as surnames are concerned as Steve said Jnes, Smith, Davies, Thomas, etc. are common names - Williams is popular - there is no disputing this well known fact. Lord B. I believe the other Chris is spelt without the "h". so there is a slight difference. He also pdovides more interesting postings....hehehe
should have read "Jones"

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
There are also 2 other Chris's, spelt that way. There are 4 Colins, yourself, colin, Colin and COLIN. Thankfully only one of them is as bad as yourself - hehheh! - Balls in your court :O)

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Such common names for such common people. Not too many Arbuthnots or Peregrines are there? Now theres class for you :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. there is only one Colin (Bridgend) - as Max Boyce said they broke the mould of solid gold when they made ME
My dear sir please do not show your ignorance - Max Boyce is a well known Welsh singer who has made many a good recording highlighting the skills of the Welsh rugby team over the years. It is obvious that as you do not have such a great team there is no alternative singer/song writer to praise you motly first 15. However probably croquet on the front lawn is your cup of tea.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i havent posted for a while and yes there does seem to be another denise on here but she spells hers with a big d. i spose i could change to norfolk broad or something but dont know if its worth the hassle as i dont post too often i just lurk in the background reading everyone elses little gems

Mar 16, 2005
Visit site
We have reinstated the EDIT PROFILE facility, so users can now change their nickname if necessary.

If you use this option, the change will show up on all your old posts as well as future ones, so try to avoid changing to something completely different to avoid confusion.

By the way, changes won't show until the NEXT time you log in, so don't think it hasn't worked.

Mod1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts