Toilet Algae

Jan 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

Anyone any idear how to get rid of algae from the toilet flush tank? I've always used Thetford pink flush and assumed (I know you should'nt use that) that it kept the tank clean.

Thanks.

Jul 6, 2007
Visit site
Thetford manufacture "Toilet Tank Cleaner" for that very purpose.It should be on the same shelf at your dealer as the Pink Toilet Additive.My Thetford book recommends 2 to 3 times a year to clean flush tank.

Mar 29, 2007
Visit site
I asked a similar question some time ago and was told that the algae (or "black bits", as I described it) was caused by using the Thetford pink flush.

So, like Wigandiver, we stopped using it and now we have no problems either.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
At one point we had dreadful problems with the black algae in the top tank, it actually clogged the pump up, so every time anybody tried to flush, the toilet kept fusing.

Anyhow, husband took it all apart, and cleaned it thoroughly, and we haven't had any problems with it since. I did read somewhere that it was a dodgy batch of pink fluid that was causing the problems, so we are still using it.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
We stopped using Thetford pink too - and that stopped the problem. We buy another make these days, and haven't had a problem since. Just clean out the tank with Milton before replacing with the normal (not Thetford) flush liquid.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts