Toilet Chemicals

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
hi, when adding the recommended amount of pink and blue, how do you know you are using the right amount without the use of a measuring beacon or something. does the cap hold x amount and you calculate it by how many capfuls to add ?, bit mundane question, but however, there ye go, have to learn.

cheers.

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
The toilet discharge cap has a calibated measure for the blue chemical. You just need to know volume of waste tank and then work out how much blue to put in the cap. I use about 3/4 of a cap full each time.

For the pink its not so easy. I use a watering can to fill the water in the top tank and add afterwads the proportion of pink chemical based upon how much water I have added, my small bottle of pink chemical has a calibrated measure for dispensing the correct amount. I have had this for years and re fill it from a large bottle as required.

Hope this helps.

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
just pour some pink in when I fill the outside water,can't be assed with measuring.for the waste I use the blue pouches,just throw one each time I empty.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Highlander

It's a bit like cooking. You get to know the amounts by feel, so to speak.

Blue I always use the tankcap measure, pink in the flush purely by experience.

Maybe Mrs H could help here?

Cheers

Dustydog

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Because we caravan 365/24/7 at present, the economics of toilet chemical is important to us. (sad git I hear you say).

We use Elsan blue at

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Handy tip for a measuring device for the top tank chemical.

We carry round one of those plastic scoops that come free in big boxes of washing machine powder. They are calibrated in ML on the side and it is easy to pour the chemical into the header tank filling point using the scoop.

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
If you like the odd g & t (not that I do you understand) you may have recently had a free measure on the top of bottles of tonic water. We use one of these for the towsure pink stuff we use the 35 ml measure to 10 litres of water I think?

Fortunately I don't measure my gin so I haven't had a pink one yet.

Sophie

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
HI WEEBLIGHTER in responce 2 ur topic,i put about 3 inches of pink in a clear plastic gallon container top it up 2 top,then its made up ready,if u think its 2 strong put less i i always make it up before we go on a trip it saves time especialy if it a cold day happy caravanning ALAN P/T

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
We carry a five lite water container, think it used to be for screen wash and pre mix the pink in that. We use Thetford pink and one of the graduations does 5 litres of water so easy peasy.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We used to get a lot of black bits in the flush tank. Also I was never happy the solids had fully disolved in the waste tank.

Against my then better judgement I changed to Elsan pink and blue and never had a problem since.Elsan is cheaper too. However you need the opposition's "green" solution on a "green" site.

Cheers

Dustydog

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
We used to get a lot of black bits in the flush tank. Also I was never happy the solids had fully disolved in the waste tank.

Against my then better judgement I changed to Elsan pink and blue and never had a problem since.Elsan is cheaper too. However you need the opposition's "green" solution on a "green" site.

Cheers

Dustydog
We started using onechem at the end of last season, it seems to be quite economical, and the bottle comes with one of those dosers on the top that you squeeze, and pour in a measured dose.

I have heard of people using those blue blocks that you use in your own loo, does any one know if it is ok to use these? Cheers, Roy

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
We started using onechem at the end of last season, it seems to be quite economical, and the bottle comes with one of those dosers on the top that you squeeze, and pour in a measured dose.

I have heard of people using those blue blocks that you use in your own loo, does any one know if it is ok to use these? Cheers, Roy

Sorry, put my post in the wrong place!!!

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Blue blocks in the header tank jams the pump up and blocks the pipes,if ok so far youve been lucky
When needing to calculate the amount of fluid needed for a 3 or more month period, the method I use is to use one of those 'tank' bottles, usually seen with Roundup or other garden chemical, and with a calibration on the outside of the 'tank'. I find that I need 2 'tanks' per recharge and I recharge every second day, so I can calculate in advance for however long a period as I wish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts