Toilet Fluids

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have used blue in the bottom tank and pink in the top tank for a number of years,and I have recently seen adverts for a single fluid product where you would use the same fluid in the top tank as the bottom tank.

Has any one used this system,and if so is it effective?

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Colour is all important especially at the disposal point.
I'm so happy with Elsan Diamond Blue and Pink why change?
I haven't tried the one you mention but can say the reaction of Elsan Blue is "No solids or paper after 3 hours or less.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Dusty has pointed out a very important point.There are certain sites that wont allow chemicals that contain Fermaldahyde not sure if the is the correct spelling.There are alternatives out there as Dusty has pointed out. I think the one you maybe thinking of is one shot or even Fenwicks Top and Tail. I found quite some time ago The Pink and Blue by Blue Diamond purchased from the internet ,it works very well and so does there Black Streak remover .
Well I hope this has been some use to you .
Sir Roger

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I use Elsan organic, which is OK for use in all dsposal points including ones that don't allow formaldehydeand can be used in both tanks. I've been using it just over a year and it works fine for me, no unpleasant smells and its own smell is nicer than that of the conventional blue stuff.

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I've actually never used a one in all, i use thetford pink and blue, but find the elsan pink more effective with the elsan blue when emptying (i have both chemicals)

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I have tried Fenwick top and tail... not really all that impressed, didn't seem to do as good a job as elsan double strength, which imho you cannot beat.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi I only use one fluid for both, picked it up at the nec a few years back, called Onechem. ive got a feeling its recently changed its name, but its so easy to use.

Squeeze the bottle and it fills a measuring cup at the top, use less for the flush then more depending on the size of the waste container.

The measure amounts are shown easily on the instructions attached to the bottle.

Big advantage, saves space, easy to use, takes the guess work out measuring the liquid, only one bottle so makes for a slightly lighter payload.

The colour of the liquid is blue.

Seams to breakdown waste ok as well, but does have a bit of a chemical smell but fragranced so more pleasant than not using anything.

Hope this helps
John

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I use whatever is on offer at the right price, usually it's own label stuff for whichever dealer I happen to be at when I need it, don't have to use flush chemical because our van uses water direct from the aqua roll so no separate tank to fill, don't think it would be a good idea to put the pink stuff in there.

BP

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We used an all in one called "one". It was OK but the toilet smelt fishy. I mean it smelled of fish, not suspicious. Didn't like it. We use elsan pink and blue or Kem direct sachets. Also have one, (can't remember what make) for sites that need a "green" chemical.
mel

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
On last long trip - 4 months - tried Fenwicks Top and Tail, and found it very good. Scent is less strong than some others, the detergent effect lasts longer and it washes out much more easily if you spill any or get it on your hands. Perhaps need to use slightly more, but the full 120 cc dose seems to work fine in a warm climate.
Halfords on line usually have it at a good price

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Gozza said:
I use Elsan organic, which is OK for use in all dsposal points including ones that don't allow formaldehydeand can be used in both tanks. I've been using it just over a year and it works fine for me, no unpleasant smells and its own smell is nicer than that of the conventional blue stuff.

We use this one too. As good as anything else that we have tried ands is safe in Septic tanks.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Have used Elsan organic since it first came out. Use it top and bottom(!) No chemical smell with it and no loo smell either- just like using a mains loo. From the top tank it pits a film on the plastic bowl. The bottom tank one at a greater concentration has chemicals in it that allows the bacteria present to break down solids so empties easier and more pleasantly. Down size is the price. Shop around and you can buy 2 litres for £9.99. Also easier to store.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts