Took the Plunge!

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
We always use the site facilities to shower, Partly due to the last van having a cracked tray and beleiving that extra water in the van can add problems due to damp etc so didnt bother having it repaired.
But due to having to test the shower in the van due to new tap under warranty, it opened my eyes.
Boy oh Boy it was pure luxury, I,m converted now, no more cold shower blocks for me.
OH will always be second in line though, some ones got to clean it afterwards
9.gif

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi Kevin you young rascal how the dickens are you.
Nice to see you have been converted.
Perhaps we are a bit old fashioned but we have always used our shower and toilet facilities,sadly tis I who does the cleaning etc
Her Ladyship and I have a pact ,rise in the morrow very early just before 11.00 am she and Daughter walk the dogs and whilst they are out Sir Roger get s the vacuum cleaner gives caravan a good clean, and the silver and thats my morning dealt with.
Have to look after this van ,it cost more than the house I bought.
Must rush orf now . Toodle Pip

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
yes it bliss i use a water blade for showers to do the walls and keep a chamios sponge type thingy this drys it almost instantlymust admit the adria shower is better than the one in the swift but that was a end bathroom?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
forest gump said:
yes it bliss i use a water blade for showers to do the walls and keep a chamios sponge type thingy this drys it almost instantlymust admit the adria shower is better than the one in the swift but that was a end bathroom?

Good tip there FG, used a jumbo sponge but the blade thingy sounds a good idea, could use it on the condensation on the awning windows as well , cheers.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
SirRogerFartingtonFortesqueSmyth said:
Hi Kevin you young rascal how the dickens are you.
Nice to see you have been converted.
Perhaps we are a bit old fashioned but we have always used our shower and toilet facilities,sadly tis I who does the cleaning etc
Her Ladyship and I have a pact ,rise in the morrow very early just before 11.00 am she and Daughter walk the dogs and whilst they are out Sir Roger get s the vacuum cleaner gives caravan a good clean, and the silver and thats my morning dealt with.
Have to look after this van ,it cost more than the house I bought.
Must rush orf now . Toodle Pip

Sir Rog you ole devil, I like the young rascal bit, pitty the insurance company's dont realise this, I keep getting these stupid 50 (year old) plus insurance policys through the door, Ive been returning to sender, I mean I aint no where near 50 yet cheeky B------rs
Still got 6 weeks to go.
I always empty the toilet so we (I) have a strict rule No2's a big NO NO off to the block for that one. (or two) He He
Take care ole bean.

Sir Rog could you look in accessory section about the 390 porch and answer the monsoon pole question Ta

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kev
You woosie. No number twos??
smiley-surprised.gif

That's what that blue sooper dooper blue Elsans for.
I first used the toilet to its maximum potential at Altnahara CC site on Loch Naver some years ago. No toilet block but one of the prettiest sites in Scotland. Since then we use the toilet and shower a lot. Emptying is no problem. No smells and after a few hours absolutely no solids.
If you paid for it why not use it
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Kev
smiley-surprised.gif

I first used the toilet to its maximum potential at Altnahara CC site on Loch Naver some years ago. No toilet block but one of the prettiest sites in Scotland. Since then we use the toilet and shower a lot. Emptying is no problem. No smells and after a few hours absolutely no solids.
smiley-smile.gif

Now then DD Ive been called a few things in my life but hey come on now a Woosie.
smiley-smile.gif

Lets get this straight, now I dont mind (or rather I HAVE to) pick up the dogs doings, but to clean up after perfectly capable human beings that can walk to a proper toilet thats where I draw the line, now if they want to empty it, I would be quite happy to use it myself
smiley-laughing.gif

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Dustydog said:
Kev
smiley-surprised.gif

smiley-smile.gif

Now then DD Ive been called a few things in my life but hey come on now a Woosie.
smiley-smile.gif

Lets get this straight, now I dont mind (or rather I HAVE to) pick up the dogs doings, but to clean up after perfectly capable human beings that can walk to a proper toilet thats where I draw the line, now if they want to empty it, I would be quite happy to use it myself
smiley-laughing.gif
Oh Kev,
Where I come from woosie is a term of endearment!
smiley-kiss.gif

Last year FIL forgot to charge his toilet. He nearly passed out at emptying time!
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
You put plenty of toilet chemical in when you set up Kev, a good old shake on the way to the elsan point when you empty and you wouldn't know the difference.
I have to admit that a few years ago when my other half's and my eyes met across a crowded dance floor, I never envisaged carrying a plastic container of her number 2's across a field somewhere in the English countryside.
smiley-undecided.gif

'Love is a many splendoured thing', indeed it is!
smiley-kiss.gif

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Only use it in a emergency, always use CC sites with facilities never had a cold shower block always wonderfully clean and warm. l must say though we are going to try the CL's shortly but her in doors insists they have toilet facilities not bothered so much about showers has sometimes she uses the one in the van.
NigelH

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Another Woosie called Kev here, weve tried this no 2 jobby thingy a couple of times plenty of blue, but not a nice experience.
how long do you leave it, and how do you make sure its all ok before emptying.

We too have just been converted to the caravan shower, its great, I get the second go and have to clean and dry down, still i dont need drying by the time im finished

Kev

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
trucker said:
Another Woosie called Kev here, weve tried this no 2 jobby thingy a couple of times plenty of blue, but not a nice experience.

We too have just been converted to the caravan shower, its great, I get the second go and have to clean and dry down, still i dont need drying by the time im finished

Kev

Hi Kev
I discovered some years ago Thetford blue is no good for poo.
Elsan Blue clears the poo. Four hours later it's just blue water with minute paper traces.
IMO it's best to use the same make pink in the flush , ie Elsan Pink.
The worst stuff I ever used was Thetford Green . It did absolutely nothing.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
I must be mad to reply to this but I have never used our shower and never done number 2's in the van loo.
I can not answer for Pat as she has had half her bladder removed through illness and will need a loo fast, can't hold on like me.
I always empty the cassette and some times Pat helps or should say supports me.
Getting back to showering in the van, I am very tempted to have a go so if ever we get a summers day I may *** out to the van and have a go, as the van is out side the house on a private drive can I let the water just run down the drive and on to the road?
It would only be a test as I would shower at home first.
I have one more question, how long do I get under the shower till the water runs out, I will have a full outside AK roll 50 ltr and I usualy take about 4 min's at home that includes my hair wash.
Reg
PS dont tell Pat

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm full of admiration for you guys with the squeegee and drying the shower down. I just buy a bottle of Shower Cleaner from Sainsbury's/Tesco and waft a squirt or two of that around. In theory Husband does too, but in practice I often find he hasn't even had the strength to open the bottle. Every so often I might give the shower a rub round with a Flash tissue.

Re the toilet routine, we can do anything we like in ours, but Husband wields the power when it comes to emptying. We both put off emptying until it's so full that only he can lift it, and then comes the little game he likes to play once the FULL light comes on. How long can we last before it really REALLY needs emptying? I spend half of every holiday with my legs crossed, hoping it's not me that finally makes the cassette overflow. Is he a particularly sadistic person or have I led a sheltered life?

Jenny

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well all I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't named Kev else I too could have ended up being a wuss
smiley-surprised.gif

Thank you Gumpy, I never thought of a squeegee and chamois leather for the shower. I've passed on your tip to Her Ladyship because shower cleaning is her job. Empty the ablutions is mine and regarding people not liking doing it because of the smell there are only two solutions I can think of. One is to change the chemicals and if that doesn't work change your diet
smiley-laughing.gif

Here we are, on a lovely site in Cumbria, with no loos, and if we didn't use our own there would be hundreds of top sites we'd be missing out on. Besides, I don't want to park my aristocratic derriere where hundreds of others have or start to heave after seeing how people have left them after I lift the toilet cover up
smiley-yell.gif

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Reg and Pat said:
I have one more question, how long do I get under the shower till the water runs out, I will have a full outside AK roll 50 ltr and I usualy take about 4 min's at home that includes my hair wash.
Reg
PS dont tell Pat

Use the shower to wet yourself then turn off ,.Then wash yourself. When finished turn shower on again and rinse off lather. Not much water needed. Just mind that you keep to the right tap position for temperature when turning on and off else you could end up with a scolded todger
smiley-embarassed.gif

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reg, you don't get long in a caravan shower, and you have to keep turning the water off, otherwise it will run out while you're still soaped up. Not a happy experience unless you know something I don't.

Always make sure you start with a full water barrel (we keep a spare handy and change onto the full one each morning). There is only 10 litres of hot water available for each shower, but with the water heater running throughout, and a bit of a gap between us both showering, we can get a shower for me and Himself plus a bowl of washing up. That includes washing your hair, but as I say, turn the tap off while you lather up the shampoo. It's never going to beat a long, hot shower in the block, but hey, at least you don't have to stagger across there in the rain.

Jenny

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Lord Braykewynde said:
Well all I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't named Kev else I too could have ended up being a wuss
smiley-surprised.gif

Here we are, on a lovely site in Cumbria, with no loos, and if we didn't use our own there would be hundreds of top sites we'd be missing out on. Besides, I don't want to park my aristocratic derriere where hundreds of others have or start to heave after seeing how people have left them after I lift the toilet cover up
smiley-yell.gif
Now then L.B im fed up with reading your on holiday again, please refrain rom telling us all that your away, I for 1 get very upset that I go to work whilst your enjpying yourself.
smiley-wink.gif

Actually were away to France for 2 weeks on saturday yippy
smiley-cool.gif

Kev

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Hi Kev
I discovered some years ago Thetford blue is no good for poo.
Elsan Blue clears the poo. Four hours later it's just blue water with minute paper traces.
IMO it's best to use the same make pink in the flush , ie Elsan Pink.
The worst stuff I ever used was Thetford Green . It did absolutely nothing.

Cheers DD, we do use thetford, and always found it good for the job (exept no2) did have an elsan double strength last time and it seemed poor, didnt break down the pooooo either?
smiley-undecided.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
loadsadogs said:
It's never going to beat a long, hot shower in the block, but hey, at least you don't have to stagger across there in the rain.

Jenny

Beg to differ on this one Loadsadogs I had a shower in the block on the 1st night, in the van on the 2nd and 3rd night and just to prove to myself back to the block on the 4th night. This time of year they dont seem to put the heating on in the blocks so after a "nice long hot shower" you freeze to death, then you have to get across the site to the van to warm up.
I will however agree that when the heating is on it is a much more enjoyable experiance, but even that said, in the van from now on
smiley-smile.gif

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
trucker said:

Kev

Hi another Woosie Kev,
smiley-laughing.gif

I'm just staying away from it, I dont even want to try the experience.
Think you to find a way of going first, then you have a beer or two whilst OH is still cleaning and pampering
4.gif
Cheers

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Kev

[/quote]

Hi another Woosie Kev,
smiley-laughing.gif

I'm just staying away from it, I dont even want to try the experience.
Think you to find a way of going first, then you have a beer or two whilst OH is still cleaning and pampering
4.gif
Cheers
[/quote]
I might just try the fill it till its nearly overflowing, give er in doors a large beer and take the dog for a nice long walk
smiley-laughing.gif
smiley-laughing.gif
as she NEVER empies the loo

My life would not be worth living though
smiley-cry.gif

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
shower squeegee at lidils next week dont get one thats for windows as the van leave black marks on walls i think the shower ones are softer blade. i allways empty the bog so i always drop the kids off at the pool .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts