took the plunge

Jun 3, 2022
Visit site
Well there's no turning back now folks !! tow bar fitted yesterday ( westfalia detachable) and bought a nice little 2 berth Bailey Pegasus 2010 from a local long established dealer. The van is a 2 owner jobby with full service history, motor mover, Alko hitch lock, ATC control and full awning, even got free delivery as we're under 10 miles rom the dealer. Checked the floor out for rot and looks and reads good on my meter.so all that remains is learning to tow again after a break of 25 years or so. I hope this van tows better than my last one (Abbey Stafford GT) which towed like the spawn of the anti christ no mater how you set it up !!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
A lot has changed in 25 years. Make sure all your load factors are correct. I am sure you will be surprised how stable a modern set up can be .Enjoy👍👍

Reactions: oldun
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Well done with the caravan, it sounds a bargain.
I think towing should be like riding a bicycle. Once you get behind the wheel it should all come back.

Jun 21, 2022
Visit site
Well there's no turning back now folks !! tow bar fitted yesterday ( westfalia detachable) and bought a nice little 2 berth Bailey Pegasus 2010 from a local long established dealer. The van is a 2 owner jobby with full service history, motor mover, Alko hitch lock, ATC control and full awning, even got free delivery as we're under 10 miles rom the dealer. Checked the floor out for rot and looks and reads good on my meter.so all that remains is learning to tow again after a break of 25 years or so. I hope this van tows better than my last one (Abbey Stafford GT) which towed like the spawn of the anti christ no mater how you set it up !!

Also returning to caravanning after a 20 year break. Tow bar will be fitted tomorrow and I collect my 'van next week. My wife passed away earlier this year and I'm now trying to build a new single life along with my 2010 Bailey Olympus. I have fond memories of meeting many interesting people as I filled my Aquaroll, emptied the Wastemaster, etc. Hopefully this experience will be repeated to help me fill my now very empty life. So far all is as I recall with a very friendly and helpful dealer with whom I had many previous dealings helping me choose my new home-on-wheels. I look forward to meeting many of you on site.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Also returning to caravanning after a 20 year break. Tow bar will be fitted tomorrow and I collect my 'van next week. My wife passed away earlier this year and I'm now trying to build a new single life along with my 2010 Bailey Olympus. I have fond memories of meeting many interesting people as I filled my Aquaroll, emptied the Wastemaster, etc. Hopefully this experience will be repeated to help me fill my now very empty life. So far all is as I recall with a very friendly and helpful dealer with whom I had many previous dealings helping me choose my new home-on-wheels. I look forward to meeting many of you on site.

Welcome to the forum. So sorry to hear about your wife. hope the new hobby helps and this forum can also be of help.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Good luck on your future trips out. I don’t know whether you know but there is a club for solo caravanners. Not sure of the details but I seem to think it is a group that voluntarily formed within one of the clubs.

PS New Horizons is one such group, here’s another. I don’t use Facebook so leave it to you.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the link. I have many friends but am looking forward to making more.
Camerachap, if your up to an Autum trip out, The Woosie club are having our yearly get together at The Coachman Inn in Snainton. Near Scarsbourgh, I think there are a few places left. The only organise thing is a meal on the Friday or saturday and a lunchtime get together. We have booked the whole site, for the week. Look at the Woosie Club thread.

Reactions: Mel
Jul 29, 2022
Visit site
Regarding towing, I find after the first twenty minutes or so on the road I start to relax and everything becomes second nature.

The bit we enjoy is when we nestle ourselves in behind an HGV and match its speed taking advantage of being in its slip stream for as long as possible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts