Touring park on the beach

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. After being caravanners and boaters for many years we have been fortunate to buy a "new to us"motorhome! We are really enjoying it. Can anyone recommend a site that is either on or very close to the beach......Wales, Yorkshire, north West area. We are happy to travel a distance just really would like the site to be right. Thanks for any suggestions.

Reactions: Hutch
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Pity this site is a bit far for you as you cannot get any closer to the beach. BTW you can drive your vehicle onto the beach and park up for the day. See HERE.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Really nice site in North Wales is Plas Farm. Not on the beach but only a short drive to Colwyn Bay.
Mel

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Thanks everyone - not used to being planned so well but as I have to book weekends and school holidays, I have found this difficult since returning to motorhoming/caravanning. Is it just me or is availability tricky? Anyhow the research continues - I love it!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone - not used to being planned so well but as I have to book weekends and school holidays, I have found this difficult since returning to motorhoming/caravanning. Is it just me or is availability tricky? Anyhow the research continues - I love it!
With a reported 25% increase in leisure vehicles since the start of the pandemic, plus a large increase in tent campers, and extensions to landholders to provide set up glamping etc and not many going abroad it’s bound to have put strain on the existing infrastructure.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Jallin, just mentioned on amother thread, Pitch. UP uK, send me availability for places almost every day.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Freshwater East, Pembrokeshire. CAMC Club Site. 100yds to beach traffic free.
Freshwater East beach is very good, but a 10 mins walk over the footpath will take you to Barafundle Bay which is truly stunning, but the best is Stackpole a bit further along the footpath.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Freshwater East, Pembrokeshire. CAMC Club Site. 100yds to beach traffic free.
Freshwater East beach is very good, but a 10 mins walk over the footpath will take you to Barafundle Bay which is truly stunning, but the best is Stackpole a bit further along the footpath.
We went to FE 2019and it’s an excellent bathing beach very safe. And Barafundle must be one of the worlds best beaches, although the walk along the coast path from FE could challenge quite a few, and if you drive parking is limited and a goodly way from the beach. 10 minutes though?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
From the NT carpark its about 10 mins or so. Have you done the walk through the Lily ponds at Bosherston to the other beach. Really impressive but i cant seem to find a name for the beach, we have always called it Stackpole.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
From the NT carpark its about 10 mins or so. Have you dine the walk through the lily ponds at Bosherston to the other beach. Really impressive but i cant seem to find a name for the beach, we have always called it Stackpole.
I thought that you were referring to the walk from FE to Barafundle via the cliff path. That’s 3 miles plus.
Yes we’ve walked via the cliff path and around the lilly ponds paths too. When we were there in August 2019 the Park Rangers were closing the narrow roads off to traffic as it was absolutely choked yet the beach at Barafundle wasn’t crowded. Glad we walked from FE.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Back then it would have been 10 minutes, with a 60lb Bergen, Belt Kit and Weapon. Be lucky now if I can do it in 10 hours. Its about 2.5 clicks from Freshwater and 1 field from Stackpole Quay.

Reactions: otherclive
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Flower of May at Scarborough might work for you. There is a whole lot of sites there that should work for you, Check out Google maps and you can see them.

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi that's brilliant everyone.....lots to look at. Thinking of a tour of Wales next summer and want to revisit pembrey country park...lots of special memories on that beach close by...sorry can't recall the name....as that's the place I visited with my dad before he passed away. Thank you this forum is really helpful!😁

Reactions: Thingy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts