Touring Sites near St Ives

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi can anyone recommend a C.C site or any other site near St Ives in Cornwall. 2 Adults in a touring caravan and my daughter, her husband & little boy of 2yrs will also be coming in their tent so I would like to know of any sites that take both caravans & tents, both with electric hook up. Not far from a beach,(don't mind travelling to get to it) but don't want the site on the beach, not bothered about a club house, but would like a swimming pool if possible, we are looking to go at the beginning of July before the kids finish from school.

Denise (Yorkshire)

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Denise

you could have a look at:

www.seaviewinternational.com - not too far from St Ives, has pool, takes caravans and tents, near beaches, no clubhouse.

we stayed there last year and have booked again for July this year.

kind regards, Mark (",)

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
hi, proberbly one of the best sites in west cornwall is polmanter touring park.

It sits above St Ives overlooking the bay on some pitches.

A bus sevice runs into St Ives all day from the park, which only takes about 10/15 mins.

Simming pool area good and some entertainment in high season.

You couldnt do alot better than this site IMHO.

Anothe a bit further inland is Callose near Hale at Leedstown. Havent been there for 6/7 years but used to be realy good with swimming pool and bar/resturant.

Kevin

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Denise,

Have a look at Godrevy Park on the CC website.

Close to the beach (we walk), good toilet block, spacious & safe for kids.

Have a look on Google Earth, it shows up well and you can see how far to sand etc.

Decent run from Yorkshire, but O.K in a day and worth the journey.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
thanks everyone I have looked at all the sites you have suggested and will see which one suites us all. We have stayed on Seaview before a couple of times, just a long way from Yorkshire to Mevagissey but worth the travelling.

Thanks again for your replys. Denise

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
thanks everyone I have looked at all the sites you have suggested and will see which one suites us all. We have stayed on Seaview before a couple of times, just a long way from Yorkshire to Mevagissey but worth the travelling.

Thanks again for your replys. Denise
Hi Denise

Ayr Holiday Park in ST Ives is excellent, I've been going there for years with a tent and now a caravan. It's the only park actually in St Ives. The views are superb and it's only ten minutes walk from the town centre, albeit a bit hilly. Take a look at this link

http://www.ayrholidaypark.co.uk/park/about.php
You will not be disappointed if you go.

Regards

Mike

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi Denise

Ayr Holiday Park in ST Ives is excellent, I've been going there for years with a tent and now a caravan. It's the only park actually in St Ives. The views are superb and it's only ten minutes walk from the town centre, albeit a bit hilly. Take a look at this link

http://www.ayrholidaypark.co.uk/park/about.php
You will not be disappointed if you go.

Regards

Mike
Thanks Mike I will look at the website today. Denise

TRENDING THREADS