Touring sites with fishing

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
There's one at Tarrington, Herefordshire which is pool fishing. This is under the C&CC called The Millpond.

There's another at Lucksall, Mordiford, Herefordshire under the CC. This is river fishing in the Wye with some pitches next to the river.

I know there's fishing at Ebury Hill, Shropshire and Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, both C&CC sites, but in the time I've been to both sites I haven't seen anything caught.

The first two have good fishing depending on your preference, river or pool.

May 9, 2009
Visit site
Denise

There is a lovely adults only site called Somerswood nr Meriden close to the NEC in Birmingham. Adjacent to the site is Packington Somers fishery and a golf course. There are places to visit within a short distance, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford on Avon.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Ive fished at winchcombe a good few times theres two pools the small one is stuffed full off rudd and tench and if you can fish a 3 hour session will get you at least 50-75 fish, the larger pool is a bit of a disapointment there is so i was told large carp in it but theres not many pegs, And also the price for a day ticket is a liitle dear for what it is. Booked 5 days at Lucksall in september that looks a fishing paradise. Then theres a favourite of mine the cotswolds carp farm in Bourton-on-the-water not many know about this site great place and if you did'nt catch a fish a walk into the village is a pleasure in itself.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Cheshirecat

Do you have website details for the Cotswold Farm site,I googled it but got 2 places similar but diff postcodes and reviews.

Any more info on this site welcome.

Thanks

Gill

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
You can buy day tickets at Lucksall CHESHIRECAT as long as you have a rod licence. You can also launch a canoe if you have one.

Joby on this forum goes regularly and he's the one to tell you the best methods for catching. He's a typical fisherman so whatever the size of the fish reduce it by a few inches or pounds :O)

The Wye has roach, dace, gudgeon, barbel, pike, grayling and trout. There are even carp and bream in the deeper slower stretches. Perch aren't as common as they used to be and neither are shad which are a sea fish which came up the Wye to spawn.

For cheap meals go to the Green Man at Fownhope, left out of the site and a couple of miles down the road. We go often and I have an all day breakfast of 3 rashers of bacon, 2 sausages, 2 eggs, field mushrooms, beans, tomatoes and chips all for

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
My favourite spot to fish is the river wye at Lucksall caravan park ,they have large pitches and you can pitch right next to one of Englands premier Salmon rivers ,it cost

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
there is 2 caravan sites at Symonds yat also on the River Wye , the One called Sterrets is the best one they only have 8 pitches for Touring vans ,

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Gill its not the cotswolds farm park thats a different place to the cotswolds carp farm, the owner is called Terry and is a real character in a very nice way the site does not have a web site but if you phone Terry he'l send you details, people go back there year after year and stay for weeks at a time, and the fishing is very good too.phonenumber is 01451821795

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Gill ive just googled cotswold carp farm and could only find one and thats on burybarn lane postcode GL542HB ,Its got 3 reviews all i would agree with. And thanks to Lord Braykewyde and Joby for the info on Lucksall i only found out about it on this forum' And after looking at the web site and the fishing reviews decided to have a few days there.

Aug 1, 2007
Visit site
Gill

We have walked by that site it looks lovely There are lots of lovely walks Little Rissington.Great Rissington.The Slaughters.Clapton on the hill.Even to Stow on the Wold if you feel energetic lol

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
hi we often go on sites that have coarse fishing or my husband there is a nice one at gatton waters norfolk adult only and roach farm lincolnshire is nice lake very close to vans so ideal if you go on the uk campsites web you can refine your search and put in fishing it will give you a more detailed search

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
hi if you need river fishing i would recommend riverside a couple of miles outside stratford on avon,or weir meadow in the middle of evesham park up about ten feet from avon 5 minute walk into centre of town 12 ft depth above weir 3/4 ft below good variety of fish.13 pound barbel and loads of chub and silver fish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts