Touring Starts Here!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
Lifepo4 batt is 13kg vs 28k for AGM. That 15kg weight saving will help offset MM 35kg.
NB all extras at beginning add to your payload if carried in van. Consider couple smaller lighter gas bottles. Unless running heat offgrid in winter a 4kg bottle will last weeks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Our Satnav still has the Archies POI installed which is the actual co-ordinates and not post code so generally never had an issue. However if a strange CL, Google earth is your friend to check the last few miles. (y) :ROFLMAO:
My free standing satnav (Garmin)and built in work (Tomtom) on coordinates, or POI but will still try and direct me down unsuitable lanes as they are programmed for fastest, shortest or eco. So like yesterday I was on a 50 mph average speed zone on a long A road and it wanted me to shoot off down a narrow lane that had no speed limit other than the national limit of 60mph. I wasn’t towing but even solo rejected its directions.
Today coming back 50 miles from a day out I dispensed with satnav and reverted to classical navigation as provided my my wife and a map. A much smoother journey than the outbound one this morning.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts