Tow car swap

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am thinking of trading in my 1996 2.4 terrano sport for a 2000 Frontera 2.2 diesel automatic. Anyone tow with an auto Frontera diesel ? I am a little worried about towing with an auto as I read so much about overheating gearboxes. Am I worrying for nothing ? maybe someone can tell me.

Cheers

Jimbo

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jimbo have no fear - unles you're buying a grey Japanese import. UK sourced autos are well able to cope with towing without extra box cooling in most cases - but do check with the local dealer/car handbook. I tow with an auto & would now never revert to a manual - so much easier on hill starts, "creeping" up to the van for hitching & the cars always in the right gear. Remember to manually downshift on long steep descents to save your brakes.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jimbo have no fear - unles you're buying a grey Japanese import. UK sourced autos are well able to cope with towing without extra box cooling in most cases - but do check with the local dealer/car handbook. I tow with an auto & would now never revert to a manual - so much easier on hill starts, "creeping" up to the van for hitching & the cars always in the right gear. Remember to manually downshift on long steep descents to save your brakes.
Why are you having a go at grey imports?

If you have any real facts then you should go to www.pocuk.com and discuss them there.dont just slag off imports for no reason..I had a Frontera and it was the worst vehicle I ever owned constantly ovrheated when towing,couldn't take it.I have towed all over the country with my Pajero and had no problems at all.I also had a Range Rover which also overheated when towing.In all I have had 74 cars since I was 17 (now 40),and the Pajero is definately one of my favorites and most reliable.

Just remember the majority of all vehicles on British roads are imports of one form or another.Off my soap box now,have a safe season and happy season.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts