tow car

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
im buying a bailey pageant bordeaux im also thinking of buying a citroen xzara pi.caso 1.6hdi does any one have any coments on the citroen .The 2ltr diesel is cheaper but the new 1.6 hdi is a more powerfull engine with 16 valves.both vehicles have recomended towing weights of 1300kg with 80kg nose wheel.Iwould apreciate any feed back from picaso owners

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Picasso doesn't have a recommended towing limit of 1300Kg, it has a maximum towing weight of 1300Kg. Technically, Citroen say it can tow that weight. But that's just about 100% the weight of the car. In fact the Pageant has an MPTLM of 1366Kg, it would be illegal to tow a fully laden van of that weight with the Picasso. If you want to stick to the 85% rule (advisory, not a legal requirement) you should be looking at a van around 1100Kgs. None of the Pageants fit this bill, you will need to look at the Ranger 470/4 which has a MPTLM of 1192Kg, a 91% match.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
the picasso is an ideal towing car I have the 2 ltr HDI (we have our own website for all these question http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk) so enjoy you wont regret it. Ps I tow a Bailey ranger at 1100 kg with ease.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
think you might be heading for a french farce here. MPTLM for Bordeaux is 1366kg c/w max. tow weight of 1300kg for vehicle. Dangerous not only for you but for all other road users, and probably invalidating your insurance. Suggest you buy either a smaller caravan or a heavier car.

I have a picasso 2 litre diesel and tow a bailey ranger 510/4 with a MPTLM of about 1200kg which is slightly more than the 85% ruling, but still within legal requirements. I certainly would not go for a heavier van unless you change your car. Not safe! My picasso tows my van with no problems - I still get 43 mpg when towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As Denis says, forget it.And as my granny would of said "It will all end in tears" I have towed Bordeaux with Peugeot 406 110Hdi Estate and it is on the limit with that. The prospect of a sudden crosswind or National Express doesn't bear thinking about with your combination.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all the advse.I have decided to go for a citroen C5.some of the advise was not what i wanted to hear but it goes to show what a great chat line this is once again thanks coljac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts